Boot device not found

Bhavya Sharma

I was booting up the laptop and this error pops up and then I restarted then it successfully boots up. But like this keeps occuring when I try to boot up 

IMG-20220702-WA0017.jpg

IMG-20220702-WA0018.jpg

Verify that the Boot device is securely installed, if it is Sata you might want to check the cable / port if it is NVMe you might want to remove it and reseat it into the connector. It could also just be failing, however, without being able to a SMART test we would not know. If there are diagnostics available on the System Boot menu for that they would be worth a try (Looks like there is a Hard Drive Check option present in the screenshots) otherwise you can run Crystal Disk Info to do it within Windows.

https://crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskinfo/

57 minutes ago, littleneutrino said:

Verify that the Boot device is securely installed, if it is Sata you might want to check the cable / port if it is NVMe you might want to remove it and reseat it into the connector. It could also just be failing, however, without being able to a SMART test we would not know. If there are diagnostics available on the System Boot menu for that they would be worth a try (Looks like there is a Hard Drive Check option present in the screenshots) otherwise you can run Crystal Disk Info to do it within Windows.

https://crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskinfo/

But the connector issues shouldn't technically arise in a laptop right or is it possible. 

Just now, Bhavya Sharma said:

But the connector issues shouldn't technically arise in a laptop right or is it possible. 

it is actually more likely to happen in a laptop than with a desktop because the device is moble and is moved around frequently, these things happen from time to time and will require reseating from time to time. I cannot tell from the images you provided however, can you state if it is an HDD or an SSD, if it is an HDD then it is also more likely to get damaged by motion / sudden physical movement as well.