PC acts weird

Vastery
Go to solution Solved by Vastery,

Guys, i think the problem resolved by itself.

I was playing rust and got the memory management bsod and after restarting it windows ran a disk repair on the boot screen by itself and it fixed all my issues.

I dont know why it didnt do that the first time.

@An0maly_76

It all started when one day i got a blue screen after loading a game (Rust) that said MEMORY_MANAGENENT. I ignored it and restarted the pc and loaded up the game fine. 

Few days pass and i got a black screen on boot (after windows logo) which i couldn't fix so i had to reinstall windows. After i did that my pc kept getting a BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO blue screen after boot. I could get into windows the first time after installing but the second it would blue screen.

7 windows installs later i got it to work somehow but everything feels weird and i cant explain it. Take steam for example, i keep geting disk write errors and other errors when trying to download some games which ive never gotten in my life, sync problems and other really weird stuff (ive tried reinstalling, it doesn't work). Task schedule also does not work (some MMC problem) and windows in general is kinda weird.

Note: When something is about to happen like an error or a blue screen, my hard disk would make a loud unusual click noise.

PC specs:

I7-6700

16gb Crucial Ballistix 

Asus H110M-D 

1tb seagate

Rx 570 4gb

600w power supply 

maybe unstable memory, try lowering the speed by 100-200mhz.

edit: your drive might be having problems, it could be that too.

PC Specifications: Intel i9-14900KF, 5.9GHz all core locked, 5GHz ring, 1.45v Medium LLC, E-cores and HT disabled | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 + Thermal Grizzly contact frame | 2x16 G.Skill Trident Z5 7400MHz 34-44-44-34 1T 1.45v (Tuned Subtimings, Hynix A-Die) | Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX | Windows 10/11 EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 Phanteks P400A (Black non-rgb version, Phanteks T30 fans 3 intake (On AIO), 1 exhaust) | SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB PCIE 4.0 (Boot drive), Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SATA

Displays: MSI MAG 271QPX 1440p 360Hz 27" QD-OLED | LG UltraGear 27GP950-B, 4K 144Hz (@120hz) 27" IPS

Desktop Audio: STAX SR-007 MK2 Electrostatic Headphones | STAX SRM-400S Amp | Schiit Bifrost 2/64 (NOS mode, USB in, XLR out)

Mobile Audio: Sennheiser IE 900 IEMs using included 4.4mm cable | FiiO KA13 "Desktop mode" Disabled

Peripherals: Razer Huntsman V2 Full size wired with linear optical switch | Logitech G502 Hero

both BSODs commonly gets fixed by updating drivers, try that. 
If it still not works then try to test your RAM as the second BSOD error could be because of defective RAM.
You also mentioned you hear a strange noise and errors from your hard disk, could you maybe try to install windows on another one?

Have you done some component changes recently? 
The issue could also be software related, did the new windows install behave strangely on the first boot already without any programs or after installing some software?

Board or CPU may not support the RAM speed. Check specs for both. Lots of people overlook this. Hard drive making noise doesn't help, could be the mobo going south, and that could impact EVERYTHING.

@Vastery

EDIT: Board supports 2133, CPU supports DDR4-1866/2133, DDR3L-1333/1600 @ 1.35V... If your RAM is faster than that or OC'd to faster than that, that's where I'd start.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

7 hours ago, remageppesuig1 said:

both BSODs commonly gets fixed by updating drivers, try that. 
If it still not works then try to test your RAM as the second BSOD error could be because of defective RAM.
You also mentioned you hear a strange noise and errors from your hard disk, could you maybe try to install windows on another one?

Have you done some component changes recently? 
The issue could also be software related, did the new windows install behave strangely on the first boot already without any programs or after installing some software?

I did an upgrade to my pc a month ago (motherboard, ram, processor) and it worked fine till now, i even played games like god of war and red dead redemption and it all worked fine.

I think windows worked fine by it self but as soon as i installed some drivers thats when it became unstable and gave me blue screens

4 minutes ago, Vastery said:
6 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

Board or CPU may not support the RAM speed. Check specs for both. Lots of people overlook this. Hard drive making noise doesn't help, could be the mobo going south, and that could impact EVERYTHING.

@Vastery

EDIT: Board supports 2133, CPU supports DDR4-1866/2133, DDR3L-1333/1600 @ 1.35V... If your RAM is faster than that or OC'd to faster than that, that's where I'd start.

I'll check, but the thing is before all this my pc worked fine, i played games like god of war and red dead redemption 2. I dont know what happened.

7 hours ago, Vastery said:

Strangely, such things don't always show up right away these days. Lots of people showing up with Corsair RAM paired with Ryzens, that for some reason just started acting stupid out of the blue. I suspect it may be related to a combination of mobo chipset and generation / model of Ryzen in relation to the speed of the RAM, as some are actually exceeding the CPU's max supported DRAM speed.

But while this could happen with any RAM brand, I'm seeing a pattern of sudden instability and crashes after a time of running with Corsair RAM. And it's a well known fact that Ryzens are funny about RAM.

Whatever the reason, it seems to happen more often with Corsair for some reason. It's almost like they put up with it for a while, then finally reject it. Personally, I recommend Crucial Ballistix for Ryzen. I have these in both a 1700 and my current 5900X and have had no issues that can directly be attributed to RAM.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revision, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Guys, i think the problem resolved by itself.

I was playing rust and got the memory management bsod and after restarting it windows ran a disk repair on the boot screen by itself and it fixed all my issues.

I dont know why it didnt do that the first time.

@An0maly_76