Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

clcok speed

Why is my 12700kf CPU stuck at 5.6ghz all core including e cores as soon as I launch my game and stays like that until I restart and then don't launch a game my mobo is z690 edge wifi ddr4 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

What are you using to measure clock speeds? 5.6 on the E cores does not sound right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, RONOTHAN## said:

What are you using to measure clock speeds? 5.6 on the E cores does not sound right.

I mant 3.6ghz all core including my p and e cores sry about that and I am using hwinfo 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, swabro said:

I mant 3.6ghz all core including my p and e cores sry about that and I am using hwinfo 

my performance is decreasing drastically and yes I have checked for updates and all that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I also reset my cmos and it did nothing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I fixed the problem lol when I was oc my chip I accidentally disabled the Intel speed shift technology which was the cause of all of this thx for your help anyways😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, swabro said:

my performance is decreasing drastically and yes I have checked for updates and all that

What do you temps look like? Is the CPU overheating maybe? Do you have any tuning software installed on the system?

 

If the answer to all three is no, I'd just setup a locked clock speed in the BIOS (5GHz P cores, 4.2GHz E cores should be really easy).

 

Just now, swabro said:

I fixed the problem lol when I was oc my chip I accidentally disabled the Intel speed shift technology which was the cause of all of this thx for your help anyways😊

That'll do it lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sry for bothering u agin but when I am launching the game it’s still doing. The same thing and it’s not thermal throttling at all as the temps never go above 60 while gaming 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

its only happening on apex legends and there is no updates for it so I am guessing its probably a glitch?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×