GPU temperature increase?

Shiniontv

Hello

My GPU (RTX 2070 Super) usually had a maximum temperature of around 69 degrees Celcius.

Recently, however, that has increased, so it may hit somewhere between 70-80 degrees.

The problem is that I do not understand why this has happened. When hitting the high 70's, the fans ramp up to around 2400 RPM, which is quite annoying, as I can hear them very clearly at that point and may experience trouble hearing things in my game because of it.

I live in Denmark, and the general temperature has also increased massively recently from around high 10's to low 20's to 25 degrees and above. Could this influence my GPU temperature?

It is also quite some time ago that I dusted it off, so could that cause some increase in temperature?

I have two 140mm BeQuiet Silent Wings 3, I believe, as my intake and two of the same model but 120mm as exhaust.

I have no idea why this has happened, and I have not really experienced it previously.

Whens the last time you cleaned the dust out of the computer?

Is it warmer where you are now then previously?  As you said, in your post, going from 10-15 celsius to 25 Celsius, yeah thats an overall increase of the difference in temps. All things that deal with heat are directly influence by ambient air temps, that should be fairly simple to understand

Change the fancurve.

Some games have more of a workload then others, some games may only make it go to 65-73, whereas games like Satisfactory and such will make it do the full utilization and temps will go up.

9 minutes ago, Shiniontv said:

live in Denmark, and the general temperature has also increased massively recently from around high 10's to low 20's to 25 degrees and above. Could this influence my GPU temperature?

That is precisely why you have hotter temperatures.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

4 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Whens the last time you cleaned the dust out of the computer?

Is it warmer where you are now then previously?

1. Atleast 6 months ago, probably a few months longer than that

2. Yes. Around a 10 degree Celsius increase.

1 minute ago, Shiniontv said:

1. Atleast 6 months ago, probably a few months longer than that

2. Yes. Around a 10 degree Celsius increase.

Clean it out, and yes, 10c warmer increase = 10c warmer temps roughly. Easy solve 😄

1 minute ago, Shimejii said:

Clean it out, and yes, 10c warmer increase = 10c warmer temps roughly. Easy solve 😄

All right, great to have an idea of why 😄

1 minute ago, Shimejii said:

For GPU with air cooler yea if ambient room rise GPU temp as well rise but for CPU that not work I know from my experience it doesn't matter 20C° or 30C° ambient CPU still run at same temp with AIO cooler.

1 minute ago, Winterlight said:

For GPU with air cooler yea if ambient room rise GPU temp as well rise but for CPU that not work I know from my experience it doesn't matter 20C° or 30C° ambient CPU still run at same temp with AIO cooler.

It will work about the same, You are just not doing a sustained load for long enough to notice the difference more then likely 😛 

4 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

It will work about the same, You are just not doing a sustained load for long enough to notice the difference more then likely 😛 

No I play same game with same settings and I not see any noticeable difference in CPU temp maybe 2-3 C° max but for GPU difference is huge in temp between 20 C° and 30 C° ambient. Normally not hit even 70 C° GPU but at 30 C° ambient it easy spike too 80 C°

2 minutes ago, Winterlight said:

No I play same game with same settings and I not see any noticeable difference in CPU temp maybe 2-3C° max. but for GPU difference is huge in temp between 20 C° and 30 C° ambient.

Gaming loads are not enough on most CPUS to actually generate the heat needed to see the difference 😛 Hence Sustained load. If you were doing an hour long Render, you would notice the temp increase of the room compared to the previous 10c cooler temps of the room from a few months ago.

17 hours ago, Shimejii said:

image.png.338236e3b55c5a7cf2ddcf6c1f4874d6.png

I have attached an image of my temperatues and such from HWMonitor, if that is any help. The 'Hot Spot' still seems a bit off though. This is only in a heat of 23 degrees Celsius.

My CPU is also not affected as much, as it lies around 60-70 degrees. Are you sure that this is normal?

It has been some time, since I had much to do with computers and such, so I apologise for doubting this so much. I just find it a tad odd.

1 hour ago, Clueless Rabbit said:

I do miss the 'old days' before we had so much detail to obsess on.

The difference between core and hot spot is normal, about the same as my 2070S

If ambient temps have increased then core temp also increases, I've been playing Metro Exodus Enhanced and with the recent warm temps my gpu core temp went to 79 c, capping the frame rate to 60 saw it drop to 72c in the same areas. We are a bit cooler now and the core has dropped back to 65 (leaving the FPS cap on though as it also dropped the power usage with no noticeable impact on the game)

I just find it odd, since it used to max out at around 67 degrees.