Bluetooth on the fritz

My laptop is being an ass again. I carry my laptop with me to my place of education each day, and brought it home today to find Bluetooth no worky when I went to pair my Bluetooth earbuds. Device Manager reports err. 54, and it still hasn't reset as I write this post. IDKWTF is going on!!! HEEEELLLPPPP!!!

Nevermind, it's working now. Tried a reboot, nothing. Driver update for WLAN card, then reboot. Bluetooth is restored to its rightful position as top-middle icon in control center. Earbuds bind too. Speaking of which, here's a complaint against microsoft: where's my easy pairing mode? To connect to my earbuds after they have been paired to another device (i.e. my phone) I have to either: open system settings>Bluetooth & devices>Bluetooth>*vertical ellipse next to earbuds name*>Connect, or I can right click BT in Control Center>Go to settings and skip the above up to the earbuds name, or I can turn BT off in Control Center and back on while the lid is open. WOULD APPRECIATE AN EASIER WAY THAT DOESN'T INVOLVE TOGGLING IT!!!!!!

2 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

WOULD APPRECIATE AN EASIER WAY THAT DOESN'T INVOLVE TOGGLING IT!!!!!!

Im guessing your using Windows? If so just be glad that it works. Bluetooth and Windows have been known to not be friendly towards each other. Microsoft has stated they plan on fixing that with Windows 11, but I dont use Windows 11 to know if they did. I just know that Bluetooth and Windows 7 and 10 were wonky and some times I had to fight to get it to work properly. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2022 at 9:25 PM, Donut417 said:

Im guessing your using Windows?

I'm guessing at least 50% of the forum uses windows. The funny thing is, my laptop isn't that old. I bought it at the start of the year, and even before that, it was a display model for 24hrs before one of the other clerks realised they had the exact same model already out on display. Surely that couldn't have been damaging to the network adapters. Also funny: I used to have a MS Surface Pro 6. 8GB RAM, 128GB storage, Intel Core i5-8250U, used it for three years. Start of the 2nd year (right when $h!t hit the fan with the virus that must not be named) I got a Logitech M337. Paired with my laptop, works fine. End of that year I got a Logitech K480. Replaced my Surface TypeCover, but still kept that one (good thing I did). Again, it worked fine. Around the middle of the year, my Bluetooth would mysteriously fail, and return after a reboot. More often than not, this occurred when I woke it back up from sleep, where it went to sleep while the K480 was connected. Eventually, I just went "F**k it," dug the TypeCover out, attached it, and Bluetooth never crashed again before I replaced it with my current one. Thinking the keyboard was buggy.

On 6/24/2022 at 9:25 PM, Donut417 said:

Microsoft has stated they plan on fixing that with Windows 11

My laptop ran Win11 from 1st boot. And I upgraded that SP6 from above to 11 on launch day. Connecting to my earbuds using the "Connect" menu from Control Center was fine on Win10. Why Microsoft removed such a useful utility without an equally easy to use one is beyond my understanding.