They told me I was stupid

jakkuh_t
18 hours ago, Lurick said:

Those are helium tanks....

Sure and that dude wear white Socks in the Video.

From AT. :x

Using a pool as a heatsink is a great idea, several people use it in the winter where I live for their beer brewing.

While I was not able to determine what was actually in use/installed currently in the video. There are Heat-Pump Water Heaters that might be something to look into, as well as other heat-pump appliances.

You will need large pumps, to maintain a mass flow rate that is required to keep components cool/warm. While the PEX line that you have should be fine especially if it is PEX-A, I would ensure that any heat exchangers that you employ are able to handle the mass flow rate that you are needing/wanting.

There is also a high possiblity that you will operate at a loss with this system, you may end up using more energy to move the water for heat dissipation than it would have been to operate some other cooling device in that space. I would work on more design and layout of the system to reduce losses.

Hey Linus teams, 
Im actually in the process of doing something similar. I don't know with one of our setup will be the more passive energy wise thought. 

At first, i wanted to do a heat exchanger on my house heatpump.... then i discover that pool heater are heatpump with a well integrated heat exchanger. So im running plumbing from the pool to my house and i bough a very small pool heat exchanger off aliexpress. It is design to both cool the house aswell as heat the pool, double the COV since every watt of power will be use. The heatpump will take a bit more energy but i wont need a second pump to move the water since it will probably be in the main filter loop.

This is a really nice idea of using waste heat, but I would really recommend running the solar panels, the pool heaters and the radiator with water-glycol mixture.

Frost damage to outdoor equipment happens faster than you would like and you will not get the (Microchannel) system 100% empty even with compressed air.

Nice side function is that you can defrost the solar panels (to a limited extent) with the server waste heat.

What I don't understand is why neither the waste heat nor the solar thermal is used to load a buffer tank and use the heat for space heating or for heating the drinking water.
and why none of the copper pipes are insulated, if the room is already too warm.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...