ASUS TUF Gaming Motherboard Wi-Fi/Bluetooth issues

Epsilon_Eevee
Go to solution Solved by CWALD,

Couple of quick options. 

1. It looks like this motherboard has network options in the BIOS. Make sure that wifi is turned on there.

2. Try an older version of the driver. I've had driver updates break NICs before, specifically on ASUS laptops although that was a long time ago.

3 . make sure the pins in the antenna connectors aren't bent or broken and that they are all the way on, those can be difficult to put on and fragile at times.

4.  Try a wifi dongle to see if windows will recognize another NIC

5. Less of a solution and more of a work around are ethernet power line adapters. These will send an ethernet signal through your electrical wiring but results can very depending on the quality of your homes wiring. 

New to posting here, but I thought this forum would be a good place to try to get some assistance. I just have made my very first PC, and it runs great! Everything works pretty much perfectly on it... except for the Wi-Fi. I am using an ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus Wi-Fi II motherboard, and using the included antenna connected to both the coaxial ports.

Windows 10, which I installed using the official Windows install media from Microsoft's website onto an SSD, does not allow me to choose Wi-Fi as an option, limiting me to only using Ethernet. Problem is, the only Ethernet ports in the house are two rooms over through a few walls, so running a wire over to my room is out of the question. I have installed new Intel drivers from ASUS's website, done every quick fix through command prompts and the tried-and-true "turn off and on again" I could find on the very few websites that had people with similar problems, still nothing. I'm somewhat afraid my motherboard is either defective or I damaged something on it, even though I made sure to be careful with how I put it together.

As well, though admittedly much less of a concern, is the fact that Bluetooth also does not appear to work. It gives me an "Error 43" in the Device Manager, which, like the previous issue, I couldn't find much info on the web for. Again, I'm not as concerned about this, as my mouse and keyboard are both wired, as are my headphones, but if you have any ideas for fixes, please tell me.

PC specs for reference:
Ryzen 5 5600G
ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus Wi-Fi II
ASUS RTX 2060 OC
Corsair RM750 PSU
16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RAM
Samsung 980 M.2 500GB SSD

Thank you to anyone who reaches out to help, any assistance will be greatly appreciated. If any images are needed, I will gladly provide them if it means finding a solution to this.

Couple of quick options. 

1. It looks like this motherboard has network options in the BIOS. Make sure that wifi is turned on there.

2. Try an older version of the driver. I've had driver updates break NICs before, specifically on ASUS laptops although that was a long time ago.

3 . make sure the pins in the antenna connectors aren't bent or broken and that they are all the way on, those can be difficult to put on and fragile at times.

5. Less of a solution and more of a work around are ethernet power line adapters. These will send an ethernet signal through your electrical wiring but results can very depending on the quality of your homes wiring. 

7 hours ago, CWALD said:

Couple of quick options. 

Came back from work to mess around with it some more, and suggestion two worked like a charm. You're a flippin' genius! Thank you!!

13 hours ago, Epsilon_Eevee said:

Came back from work to mess around with it some more, and suggestion two worked like a charm. You're a flippin' genius! Thank you!!

Glad that worked. Keep the working driver on hand because a windows update will update that driver and break it again. There is a way to exclude it from updating but I do not recall the process. 

• 4 months later...

I'm having the same issue. Can You maybe link the drivers you downgraded to please?

• 6 months later...
On 11/6/2022 at 12:12 PM, Drakar_Tibo said:

The drivers link would be helpful, also having the same issues.

On 11/5/2022 at 2:59 PM, RedBash said:

I'm having the same issue. Can You maybe link the drivers you downgraded to please?

Here is a driver that worked for me: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/02BT/DRV_Bluetooth_MediaTek_AW_SZ-TSD_W11_64_V1314130_20211026R.zip?model=TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II