Aerocool Cylon Case Mod

I an planning on modding an Aerocool Cylon case since while I like the case, it doesn't have much in the way of airflow in the front panel and the RGB is also not addressable.

No description available.

For the front panel, I plan on cutting a few hole then cover it with air filters in order to increase the airflow while still preventing dust from coming in. As of now I have 2 plans for it.

image.thumb.png.0a05d66247675073c8a799d9e9891871.pngimage.thumb.png.97564feba3c96eb5baaf7ceadd0ecf70.png

I was wondering which one I should go for. The first does allow for more airflow but it does remove quite a lot of material. I am planning of reinforcing the panel in this case. It will also hit the PCB of the RGB of the front panel but I plan on replacing it with an addressable one anyway.

On the topic of RGB, while removing the RGB that came with the case, I found that the strip itself had 3 pins. 

No description available.No description available.

I was wondering if its possible (and safe) to reuse the strip and just buy a 3 pin to VDG adapter or maybe other things could be done so I can keep it since other strips that I an finding in are either too long or too short for the case (the strip is 45 cm). If it is possible to just use a 3 pin to VDG adapter, will I be able control it with programs like aura sync?

if the strip is rgb you cant hook argb to it.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

53 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

if the strip is rgb you cant hook argb to it.

how do I know if it's rgb or argb?

39 minutes ago, JohnCarlHenry said:

how do I know if it's rgb or argb?

well its got to be connected to something

https://aerocool.io/product/cylon/

this shows its argb

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

53 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

well its got to be connected to something

https://aerocool.io/product/cylon/

this shows its argb

By default, the 3 pins in the strip was connected to this PCB

This PCB was also connected to the button that controlled the different modes that the light could be set to. From the PCB, there were 2 pins that connected to a SATA connector. Can I skip the PCB and just connect the strip directly to the motherboard via a 3 pin to VDG adapter?

6 hours ago, JohnCarlHenry said:

By default, the 3 pins in the strip was connected to this PCB

This PCB was also connected to the button that controlled the different modes that the light could be set to. From the PCB, there were 2 pins that connected to a SATA connector. Can I skip the PCB and just connect the strip directly to the motherboard via a 3 pin to VDG adapter?

ya

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

ya

gotcha thanks for the answer

• 1 year later...

Do you have any updates on this thread ? Do you have any photos to share ? I have the same case and I'm thinking of making the same openings in my case.