There was a vague mention of storing thing in the C:\Users\name\Downloads folder but it ACTUALLY being stored on another disk or something

AyaanMAG

Im trying to do exactly that and i couldnt find which video that was. The closest thing that i found was "symlinks" but the issue with that i that the Downloads folder already exists cuz its created by windows and i cant delete it and even if i can i dont really want to cuz id lose thumbnails, the convinient spot in the windows exporer sidebar so if anyone has a better solution or can find that solution I'd be really grateful THANKS!

You can just tell Windows to put the Downloads folder on another drive via the Location tab by right-clicking and going to Properties. I moved it to my DRAM-less SATA SSD, to free up space on my C drive. It's not like my 50Mbps Internet is ever going to overwhelm a cheap SSD.

image.png.c4ddcb9b9e8c612f1897f5465941f8a5.png

16 hours ago, YoungBlade said:

You can just tell Windows to put the Downloads folder on another drive via the Location tab by right-clicking and going to Properties. I moved it to my DRAM-less SATA SSD, to free up space on my C drive. It's not like my 50Mbps Internet is ever going to overwhelm a cheap SSD.

image.png.c4ddcb9b9e8c612f1897f5465941f8a5.png

But will the path used "C:\Users\name\Downloads" change? I have scripts and applications hooked to that directory

7 hours ago, AyaanMAG said:

But will the path used "C:\Users\name\Downloads" change? I have scripts and applications hooked to that directory

Yes, the path will change using that method. If you must have the path be the same, but the files be located on a different drive, you'll have to use the symlinks you mentioned earlier in conjunction with this.

1 hour ago, YoungBlade said:

Yes, the path will change using that method. If you must have the path be the same, but the files be located on a different drive, you'll have to use the symlinks you mentioned earlier in conjunction with this.

Alrighty thanks. But no way to get around the already existing folder thing?