Fading Coolant?

Built myself my first loop. Still a little new to this. But after 3-4ish months. I've noticed my liquid fadding away its color. Anyone else experience this or is this normal?

Built in Feburary 2022
Liquid: EK Cryofuel - Mystic Fog premix

This picture below simulates the fade pretty well. I could never see the return tube in the res. Now I can. Hope someone can sum this up?

image.thumb.jpeg.6ab7384548f7a0ce955264990c5e7a1b.jpeg

Generally means the pigment is separating from the water, but the pigment has to go somewhere, it might be worth it to pull apart your loop. Check the blocks on the CPU, GPU and the pump to see how much residue has stuck to them and clean them out, and also plush your radiators out.

side note:

i don't know how EK intended for this liquid to look, but it does look like something that should never be inside your PC.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

9 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Generally means the pigment is separating from the water, but the pigment has to go somewhere, it might be worth it to pull apart your loop. Check the blocks on the CPU, GPU and the pump to see how much residue has stuck to them and clean them out, and also plush your radiators out.

side note:

i don't know how EK intended for this liquid to look, but it does look like something that should never be inside your PC.

Can you suggest a decent liquid? To be honest I dont want to worry about these things. I know the maintenance behind custom loops. But after a couple months, non-sense. Thanks!

40 minutes ago, Joshb_ said:

Built myself my first loop. Still a little new to this. But after 3-4ish months. I've noticed my liquid fadding away its color. Anyone else experience this or is this normal?

Built in Feburary 2022
Liquid: EK Cryofuel - Mystic Fog premix

This picture below simulates the fade pretty well. I could never see the return tube in the res. Now I can. Hope someone can sum this up?

image.thumb.jpeg.6ab7384548f7a0ce955264990c5e7a1b.jpeg

Is it just me or does that white color remind anyone of a sus liquid ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jokes aside yea that dont look too good thats for sure, maybe try another premix and see if that turns into a sus liquid too

3 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Is it just me or does that white color remind anyone of a sus liquid ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jokes aside yea that dont look too good thats for sure, maybe try another premix and see if that turns into a sus liquid too

Made it myself ಠ⌣ಠ

Looking up at the GPU block, yea, thats where some of the pigment went. I assume its making itself at home in the CPU block too. Will have to work on this tomorrow. But can anyone suggest a top of the line premix?

image.thumb.jpeg.3c541072a40118d046877a6f9ee8e0a0.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Joshb_ said:

Can you suggest a decent liquid? To be honest I dont want to worry about these things. I know the maintenance behind custom loops. But after a couple months, non-sense. Thanks!

nothing wrong with just distilled water with some biocide. don't need to go all fancy with special coolants.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Mystic fog coolant is quite unique, not surprising this happens.

I've never used mystic fog myself but all the ek solid coolants i've used over the years have always darkened over time, besides small amounts of build up where flow is minimal i've ever had the solid fall out of my coolants.

I would stick to the non solid fluids, or even just the clear coolant, if you want to keep it simple.

Spending all the money on fancy fans. bending tubes. blocks..... and 

image.png.290e66815bac18710f2717de1b83cb3a.png

😵

2 hours ago, NorKris said:

Spending all the money on fancy fans. bending tubes. blocks..... and 

image.png.290e66815bac18710f2717de1b83cb3a.png

😵

Temporary!!!!! thats why this is like that xD

2 minutes ago, NorKris said:

image.png.0900e3a3b0be09fa5c79db92e0f11ea3.png

spacer.png

no screws so that means im good under the temp law