Help

Chad Y Broski

So, my windows 10 laptop is six years old and it won’t connect to the internet. I’ve tried everything but an Ethernet. 
this may not be the issue, but there were 3 Trojan viruses on the computer. I used malwarebytes to “quarantine” the said viruses. So… why wont it connect?

I had the same thing just restart it not once but 3-4 times and then it will work.

Not a permanent solution but it costs nothing and works more or less if it happens again than just follow the advice again.

I hit 700W on an i5 with a NHD15

Also I'm 14 so please just confirm anything I say with someone more experienced

First it may not have gotten all the viruses, second if you look in device manager is the wifi card showing up? Does it have an error?  

I'm better at fixing people than PC's... For now. 

Remember to quote or tag my posts if you want me to see your reply I don't always follow the threads.

26 minutes ago, MedicTim78 said:

First it may not have gotten all the viruses, second if you look in device manager is the wifi card showing up? Does it have an error?  

Thanks. I’ll check the device manager.

47 minutes ago, Bob__ said:

I had the same thing just restart it not once but 3-4 times and then it will work.

Not a permanent solution but it costs nothing and works more or less if it happens again than just follow the advice again.

Already tried. It’s shutting itself off.

21 minutes ago, Chad Y Broski said:

Already tried. It’s shutting itself off.

Save your sanity and just grab your important stuff off your PC and wipe it my dude. Start fresh.

1 hour ago, Chad Y Broski said:

So, my windows 10 laptop is six years old and it won’t connect to the internet. I’ve tried everything but an Ethernet. 
this may not be the issue, but there were 3 Trojan viruses on the computer. I used malwarebytes to “quarantine” the said viruses. So… why wont it connect?

If there are Trojans I agree that you better copy your stuff from your User Folder and make a list of your software and start manually install them on a clean install. After you copied your important files try to uninstall Malwarebytes completly and see if it fixes the issue, best case you don't need to do a clean install, worst case do a clean install with the saved files.

20 hours ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

Save your sanity and just grab your important stuff off your PC and wipe it my dude. Start fresh.

Thanks. I’ll try wiping everything.

19 hours ago, sirn said:

If there are Trojans I agree that you better copy your stuff from your User Folder and make a list of your software and start manually install them on a clean install. After you copied your important files try to uninstall Malwarebytes completly and see if it fixes the issue, best case you don't need to do a clean install, worst case do a clean install with the saved files.

Thanks, if this won’t work, ill just wipe everything.