My monitor died, USB-hub overload? (AOC 24G2U)

I have an AOC 24G2U that I bought for about 2 years ago, and it worked perfectly until now.

For a long time I have used most of the USB-ports in the back to power various peripherals and I never considered that there might something like a power limit,so I recently added some LED-strips and didn't seem like a problem at first. Monitor worked fine as usual and the led strips lit up as well. But after a couple minutes of use it suddenly blacked out (There was no pop or such a thing). I responded by unplugging everything and tried it by itself in another outlet... but it was dead. No image, no light and no power led or such.

My guess is that something broke on the inside from the exceeding power draw by the USB-hub? Maybe a capacitor or something blew up. My question here is if there is something I could try to fix this? I don't really have the money to buy a new monitor and this really sucks.

Any and all help is highly appreciated.

That is poor circuit design. Normally, you would have a temporary fuse used for the USB ports. If power draw exceeds specs, it would cut power to the USB ports. 

Unplugging the monitor power, and of course USB device(s), waiting a few seconds, and plugging the monitor power back, the USB ports would work.

Normally, this is standard thing to do, motherboard, USB hubs and more have something like this. I guess, AOC saw that fuse costing a few pennies, as too expensive. I mean, at the end it is million of dollars gain in profit. Now, the consumer blanlme itself, and continues to buy an AOC monitor.

3 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

That is poor circuit design. Normally, you would have a temporary fuse used for the USB ports. If power draw exceeds specs, it would cut power to the USB ports. 

Unplugging the monitor power, and of course USB device(s), waiting a few seconds, and plugging the monitor power back, the USB ports would work.

Normally, this is standard thing to do, motherboard, USB hubs and more have something like this. I guess, AOC saw that fuse costing a few pennies, as too expensive. I mean, at the end it is million of dollars gain in profit. Now, the consumer blanlme itself, and continues to buy an AOC monitor.

Oh ok, I am not buying another AOC monitor again after this. I guess there really isn't much that can be done then.