Usb device short detected

Colowashere
Go to solution Solved by Colowashere,

fixed it, just put on a jumber on one of the usb things on the board whit 3 pins, just above the usb port where you would plug in the wire.

Hello everyone! So I was upgrading my pc (motherboard, ram and cpu) and my new motherboard was dead so I thought I would swap back untill I get another one. I put everything back fire up the pc and I get the error USB short detected. HMMM. So I went online saw that resetting cmos is one of the ways to fix it. I did that, my motherboard is msi b85m-e33. I checked all the usbs and they are all clean and looking not broken. Also checked the pins for the plug inside the pc (on the motherboard) I started up my pc again and It went into a screen as if it was fine now and it wanted me to select either run setup or continue. Either option puts me back on to the usb short. Had not found any solution for this so was hoping someone could help me out on here. I also tried reseting cmos couple more times, either short circuiting the jbat1 or removing the battery or both, best I get to is the screen to select run setup or continue and i instantly get the same error if i select either of them. The pc does run when im in the selection screen for run setup or continue.

Unplug the internal USB headers first, at least you can rule out whether the short is from the back panel USB or not. Otherwise it would be your front panel headers/case

If you found my answer to your post helpful, be sure to react or mark it as solution馃槃

it seems to be from the back since it still displays the error after having the frontal unplugged. The thing is is that it never did that before, no idea what is wrong with it. It worked alright before and there were no issues with the usbs.

fixed it, just put on a jumber on one of the usb things on the board whit 3 pins, just above the usb port where you would plug in the wire.