Formatting UPLC Laptops

Readers of this post from India will know about this topic, The state government of UP and TN distributed Laptops to meritorious students. I also own one such. Now it is giving some issues which can be fixed by formatting it and starting with a clean install of windows. But I am scared to do so because I have heard that many people formatted these laptops and ended up losing their motherboards or the laptops became completely dead. Is there any issue like that in these laptops? Did the OEM make some settings to prevent formatting it? or the cases were just handling of equipment by unqualified personnels?

Software very rarely damage hardware. This could happen if the fans are purely software controlled and other similarly stupid solutions.

I am not from India so I have detailed knowledge of this laptop. But is it possible to find out what exact OEM made them? And do you have access to the bios? As in it is not password protected.

4 hours ago, Pandur said:

Software very rarely damage hardware. This could happen if the fans are purely software controlled and other similarly stupid solutions.

I am not from India so I have detailed knowledge of this laptop. But is it possible to find out what exact OEM made them? And do you have access to the bios? As in it is not password protected.

Yes I have access to the BIOS and I also can change settings in there like erasing TPM, turning devices like ethernet ports, USB Ports, on or off.

-> Moved to Laptops and Pre-Built Systems

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv