Gaming/Streaming PC

Budget (including currency): $1500-$1700

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Latest AAA games and some light streaming for fun.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ppKjnt

Questions:

Will this motherboard support the advertised RAM of 3200 mhz?

Will the PSU have enough cables for the 3080?

Do I need to update the BIOS on the MOBO for it to support the CPU?

Do I need a CPU cooler?

Does the MOBO have enough ports for the case and all the fans?

1. Yes, it will run at 3200 if you enable XMP in BIOS

2. Not sure how many cables come with the PSU, but usually they come with multiple ones. Worst case you'll have to daisy chain the cables. Wait for someone else to confirm how many cables it has.

3. You don't need a BIOS update. B660 and 12400F launched around the same time.

4. You don't need a cooler as it comes with one, but it's not the best cooler. If you don't mind it being loud the stock one would be fine, otherwise I recommend something like a Freezer 34.

5. Yes

Also might be worth changing the GPU to something like a 3070 Ti and changing the CPU to a 12600K (not 12600) or 12700(K). When buying a K CPU make sure to get a Z690 since B660 doesn't support overclocking.

Edited by Pixelfie
Changed 12600 to 12600K

2 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

2. Not sure how many cables come with the PSU, but usually they come with multiple ones. Worst case you'll have to daisy chain the cables. Wait for someone else to confirm how many cables it has.

It comes with 6x 8-pin PCIe connectors, likely three cables with two on each. I recommend using separate cables for each plug un the GPU

3 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

Also might be worth changing the GPU to something like a 3070 Ti and changing the CPU to a 12600 or 12700.

I wouldn't go for the 12600, but the 12600K.

The 12600(non-K) is just a higher clocked version of the 12400, while the 12600K has more cores(10 cores 16 threads) and can overclock.

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

12 minutes ago, Tegneren said:

I wouldn't go for the 12600, but the 12600K.

The 12600(non-K) is just a higher clocked version of the 12400, while the 12600K has more cores(10 cores 16 threads)

Didn't know that, thought the K only meant it supports overclocking. Also for op, if you buy the 12600K and plan on overclocking make sure to get a Z690