How should i setup my Asus VG259QM monitor

ZoidGG

I just got a new monitor (Asus VG259QM) and there are lots of settings that I have to go through. I'm not sure exactly what are the best for my specific pc or what really plays a factor into what settings I should use.

I mainly play Valorant and typically am in the range of 240-280+ FPS sometimes dropping to like 200 but only happens on certain maps/ parts of maps.
There's lots of settings that come into play with this of course but the first thing I noticed was right when I went to use the monitor I instantly felt like I had some sort of motion blur I'm not sure if I'm just seeing that or if its actually a setting I need to change? (I came from a 144 hz monitor and never experienced that same effect and this is a smaller upgrade than 60-144)

The main things are should I leave it at 240 or overclock to 280 hz (I would like the overclock but if its gonna make my overall gaming experience worse than I'm fine with 240)

What overdrive should i be using (20, 40, 60, 80, 100) I saw a thread somewhere else about the main 2 being 60 and 80 but I'm not sure which I should be on

Adaptive-Sync (I presume should be on)

ELMB Sync (This setting I'm unsure of not sure if its good to have on or off currently it is off)

Thank you.

Have a look at this review: ASUS TUF Gaming VG259QM Review - RTINGS.com

Go to the response time numbers, there you can see the optimal overdrive settings depending on the expected fps.

And yes, use the overclocking to run it at 280Hz, it doesn't have any drawbacks.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.