Galaxy S9 is stuck on AT&T screen, have tried a couple of things.

HELP290

Last night I tried to turn my Samsung Galaxy S9 on, but instead of turning on like usual, it would just stay on the AT&T screen. After maybe over 10 minutes the phone would shut off and then turn itself back on and the cycle would continue. I wasted a couple hours of my night, browsing the web and wiping the cache partition. Those didn't work, but then randomly on one attempt my phone turned on, and everything was working. My phone was at low battery and died soon after, and in the morning the issue had started happening again when I tried to turn my phone on.

I am able to use the volume up + Bixby key + power key to boot into recovery mode. Some important things I can do is updating from ADB or an SD card, and I can reboot to boot-loader.

Before this happened I had gotten a bit of water on my phone and the speakers made a terrible garbling noise whenever sound was played.

What can I do to solve this? I would also like to backup my data, before proceeding with anything if possible.

18 hours ago, HELP290 said:

Last night I tried to turn my Samsung Galaxy S9 on, but instead of turning on like usual, it would just stay on the AT&T screen. After maybe over 10 minutes the phone would shut off and then turn itself back on and the cycle would continue. I wasted a couple hours of my night, browsing the web and wiping the cache partition. Those didn't work, but then randomly on one attempt my phone turned on, and everything was working. My phone was at low battery and died soon after, and in the morning the issue had started happening again when I tried to turn my phone on.

I am able to use the volume up + Bixby key + power key to boot into recovery mode. Some important things I can do is updating from ADB or an SD card, and I can reboot to boot-loader.

Before this happened I had gotten a bit of water on my phone and the speakers made a terrible garbling noise whenever sound was played.

What can I do to solve this? I would also like to backup my data, before proceeding with anything if possible.

It sounds like the phone is bootlooping because of water damage, but this phone was supposed to be waterproof? If you went to a repair shop before, ask for a refund, because they did not seal it correctly. Or, see if they will fix it for free. If it has been repaired before, this is not your fault, don’t worry. If it hasn’t, go to a repair shop.

check your cables!
samsung s10e | android enthusiast | Tech blogger | XC Athlete | Surface pro 4

On 5/24/2022 at 11:54 AM, kamonanban said:

It sounds like the phone is bootlooping because of water damage, but this phone was supposed to be waterproof? If you went to a repair shop before, ask for a refund, because they did not seal it correctly. Or, see if they will fix it for free. If it has been repaired before, this is not your fault, don’t worry. If it hasn’t, go to a repair shop.

Thank you so much for your response, do you think I should put my phones components (minus the battery and wireless charger) in my sonic cleaner?

3 hours ago, HELP290 said:

Thank you so much for your response, do you think I should put my phones components (minus the battery and wireless charger) in my sonic cleaner?

I wouldnt mess with it without professional advice, the problem wouldn't be water still in there, it would be corrosion. take it to a professional repair shop.

check your cables!
samsung s10e | android enthusiast | Tech blogger | XC Athlete | Surface pro 4

Your /system partition is likely corrupt and the rebooting is caused by the bootloader trying to switch Between system_a and system_b partitions. Reflashing stock rom using odin or hemidall should fix it.

On 5/27/2022 at 2:06 AM, WickedThunder86 said:

Your /system partition is likely corrupt and the rebooting is caused by the bootloader trying to switch Between system_a and system_b partitions. Reflashing stock rom using odin or hemidall should fix it.

Yeah I tried that, but it did not work unfortunately. I eventually just opened the phone and found corrosion, so at-least now I know what the issue is.

1 hour ago, HELP290 said:

Yeah I tried that, but it did not work unfortunately. I eventually just opened the phone and found corrosion, so at-least now I know what the issue is.

Did you try cleaning the corrosion? It also depends where the corrosion is

• 1 month later...
On 5/29/2022 at 1:22 AM, Guest said:

Did you try cleaning the corrosion? It also depends where the corrosion is

Yeah I ran my phone through a sonic cleaner with over 90% isopropyl alcohol. The issue is still prevalent.