Suggestions for AIO

ts7n4gw

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I'm getting the Be Quiet Pure Base 500DX and I'd like to mount a 360mm radiator at the front. If I was to orient it pipes down, what AIO would come with pipes long enough to reach the cpu? And would I have any clearance issues? Apparently the HHD cage can be repositioned to allow for a 360mm radiator but would there also be enough space for the pipes at the bottom? 

1 hour ago, ts7n4gw said:

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I'm getting the Be Quiet Pure Base 500DX and I'd like to mount a 360mm radiator at the front. If I was to orient it pipes down, what AIO would come with pipes long enough to reach the cpu? And would I have any clearance issues? Apparently the HHD cage can be repositioned to allow for a 360mm radiator but would there also be enough space for the pipes at the bottom? 

Just go for 240 or a 280 if that fits on roof. The whole point of mesh fronted cases is the improved airflow in and that goes away the second you block it with a radiator. Good 240 aio:s are better than some 360:s. Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240, Ek aio 240, Phanteks glacier one t30 240 and some others are good choices.

What cpu are you cooling ? 

51 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

Just go for 240 or a 280 if that fits on roof. The whole of mesh fronted cases is the improved airflow in and that goes away the second you block it with a radiator. Good 240 aio:s are better than some 360:s. Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240, Ek aio 240, Phanteks glacier one t30 240 and some others are good choices.

Yeah this is pretty bang on, but I think the Pure Base 500DX can actually fit a 3 x 140mm rad in the front so you could get an Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 if you had the budget. If you're cooling something like a 12600k though, it wouldn't be necessary. The Pure Base 500DX can fit rads with the tubes at the bottom, the only question then would be the if the tubing was long enough to reach the socket. The easiest solution would be to get a 240mm rad and then if it doesn't fit it could go in the top.

Lian Li Gallahad 360. I use this cooler in my personal rig for a 9900ks and it works perfectly, idle around 21 and load about 59-65. I have an o11d for the case but im sure it works well everywhere else.

6 hours ago, lee32uk said:

What cpu are you cooling ? 

I'll be cooling a Ryzen 7 5800x

11 hours ago, Jeppes said:

Just go for 240 or a 280 if that fits on roof. The whole point of mesh fronted cases is the improved airflow in and that goes away the second you block it with a radiator. Good 240 aio:s are better than some 360:s. Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240, Ek aio 240, Phanteks glacier one t30 240 and some others are good choices.

I have the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 and I'm very happy with it. It did surprise me on how thick it is. I recommend looking at all the dimension specs carefully.

13 hours ago, ts7n4gw said:

I'll be cooling a Ryzen 7 5800x

You could easily cool that with an air cooler such as the Scythe Fuma 2 or Deepcool AK620 etc. 

Some liquid cooler reviews state the tube length. The Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360mm A-RGB for example has a tube length of 450mm according to the review below.

https://www.kitguru.net/components/cooling/luke-hill/arctic-liquid-freezer-ii-360-a-rgb-review/