Likely Broken GPU

My friend recently got a PowerColor 6900xt Red Devil Ultimate GPU, he never got it to work, we checked many different things, but this seems to be a problem, I am guessing the GPU won't work and needs to be RMA'd but just asking, is this beyond his ability to repair? I have attached two pictures, one with his card, has the missing pieces and the circle and one of a good card.

MIssing Things.png

Powercolor working pins.png

If it's able to be RMA'd, I'd just RMA it. No point causing additional damage yourself and taking that ability away. If it can just be returned to the store as not working (because it doesn't), that's even better. Whatever you do, just make sure you leave it at, "It doesn't work and I don't know why." Too much information is a bad thing with some companies. I've never had to RMA anything with PowerColor, but I can think of at least one large GPU AIB that would reject your RMA based on you knowing enough to have taken those photos and diagnosed it, and they'd say that you must have caused the damage yourself.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

He spent close to $1000 on a GPU and is thinking of repairing it? Send it back ASAP.