Bios password

mysticalentity

I purchased an Asus ROG G14 GA401-QM back on 4/7/2021. (Purchased from bestbuy's website) I noticed when attempting to enter the bios to change a few settings earlier today it prompted me to enter a password (I do not remember making one) and if I just hit enter, it takes me to the bios where on the main screen I can see it says, "administrative password installed" and when trying to change some of the setting (advanced mode) they are grayed out. Is there any way I can remove this BIOS password without having to send it back to them and pay an outrageous fee?

I already tried uhhh what is it called, bios password rescue by pressing ALT+R but it doesn't do anything, just types a character in the box.

Can you boot into windows? Because when i set a BIOS password on my Laptop it doesn't even boot without the password.

The easiest way to get rid of a BIOS password would probably be resetting/clearing BIOS by either removing the CMOS battery or with the dedicated jumper or switch (if present on your laptop). For that you probably will have to open up your Laptop.

If that doesn't work your only option would be contacting ASUS support I think.

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7A (28" 4K 144Hz)

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon

1 hour ago, Montana One-Six said:

Can you boot into windows? Because when i set a BIOS password on my Laptop it doesn't even boot without the password.

The easiest way to get rid of a BIOS password would probably be resetting/clearing BIOS by either removing the CMOS battery or with the dedicated jumper or switch (if present on your laptop). For that you probably will have to open up your Laptop.

If that doesn't work your only option would be contacting ASUS support I think.

I don't believe i have a jumper for mu model and I can in fact boot into windows. 

Just now, mysticalentity said:

I don't believe i have a jumper for mu model and I can in fact boot into windows. 

I contacted asus and since it's out of warranty it it would be money to send it in for a diagnostic fee which I was trying to avoid paying.