PSU pick help

KrystianTheFox

So I am going with an AMD, but I have a problem with a PSU pick because I was using a be quiet calculator and I am planing to use the ryzen 5 5600G (for now because I am still waiting for GPU prices go lower) with a RTX 3060ti, and it said that the recommended PSU would be a be quiet strait power 650W Golden certified but IDK if this will be enough I am thinking to buy a 850 variant because it wouldn't hurt. Also, my motherboard is MSI MPG b550 gaming plus and Kingston fury 16 GB (2x8GB) 3600MHz CL17. Also, if anyone has an AMD alternative for GPU let me know  image.thumb.png.3ef39c9c937dde4e090c7187b2386b57.pngimage.png.7cc17da10d70182ae629d18e49f4e95c.png

A 3060Ti?  Yeah.  A good 650W is more than enough.

+1 It's more than fine, you'd be hard pressed to go significantly over 400W with that setup.

1. The highest power consumption 3060Ti is the Asus Strix OC (as per 1st video below), and it doesn't go over ~270W, as per Techpowerup + Hardwareunboxed review. (And a usual 3060 TI is more like ~230W).

2. The 5600g doesn't go over ~80w as per GamersNexus review.

3. And the rest of the system is ~50-75w or slightly more

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/asus-geforce-rtx-3060-ti-strix-oc/

6 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

A 3060Ti?  Yeah.  A good 650W is more than enough.

Thanks for the help but I will buy a 850 because it is on sale, and it is the same price as a 650 with is good

1 hour ago, Dogzilla07 said:

+1 It's more than fine, you'd be hard pressed to go significantly over 400W with that setup.

1. The highest power consumption 3060Ti is the Asus Strix OC (as per 1st video below), and it doesn't go over ~270W, as per Techpowerup + Hardwareunboxed review. (And a usual 3060 TI is more like ~230W).

2. The 5600g doesn't go over ~80w as per GamersNexus review.

3. And the rest of the system is ~50-75w or slightly more

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/asus-geforce-rtx-3060-ti-strix-oc/

Ok, good to know, but I notice that I have on sale the 850 with is the same price as a 650w version, so I will grab the 850w because it is no price difference. Also, do you know any chapter AMD price per performers card which is same as 3060ti ?

5 hours ago, KrystianTheFox said:

Ok, good to know, but I notice that I have on sale the 850 with is the same price as a 650w version, so I will grab the 850w because it is no price difference. Also, do you know any chapter AMD price per performers card which is same as 3060ti ?

Sure. 6700 XT is the AMD equivalent

8 hours ago, KrystianTheFox said:

Thanks for the help but I will buy a 850 because it is on sale, and it is the same price as a 650 with is good

As long as it's a quality unit.  Sometimes an 850W is the same price as a 650W because it's not a very good unit. 😄