Upgrading Unused Copy of Win 10 to Win 11?

Nozyspy

Hey everyone. 

About 2 years ago i started getting some initial stuff for my new build, and bought Windows 10 Pro on USB (as it allowed you to defer updates indefinitely i think, i wanted to be able to wait a while to make sure kinks were ironed out before updating!). Then of course, the pandemic hit and i put the build on hold as we couldn't really go out anywhere for a long time. Then 2021 came and it was hard to find any of the new hardware, like graphics cards... Then 2022 came and i finally have everything, but now Win 11 is out, and i don't really want to use Win 10 now as my upgrade cycle is several years and it will probably be unsupported before i upgrade again.

So, what do i do with my brand new and unopened copy of Windows 10 Pro? 

I want to do a clean install of Win 11, not an in situ upgrade from Win 10, but how do i do this? Do i have to install Win 10 Pro on my new computer first to download the Windows 11 Pro install media, and then go and reformat the drive and install fresh again from the Win 11 files on the USB? It would be a bit of a hassle to set up Windows 10 and then go and reformat and reinstall again.

Is there anything i have missed here? Any advice would be much appreciated!

Nozy

18 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Simply make a Windows 11 install USB using the official tool and use the key that came with your 10 to activate it. 

Its that easy? Awesome! Thanks for the answer. 🙂