Looking for a Desktop Replacement Laptop

Hey all! 
I'm currently on the search for a gaming laptop to take with me to college. I am not too familiar with laptops nowadays, so I am looking for your help.

My budget is roughly $3200 USD and I'm looking for a laptop with a high refresh rate screen, a decent keyboard, and alright battery life. Does anyone have recommendations?

I have been eyeballing an Asus Zephyrus G15, but I am not too sure how good they are. Any help or push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

39 minutes ago, WoodenSSB said:

Hey all! 
I'm currently on the search for a gaming laptop to take with me to college. I am not too familiar with laptops nowadays, so I am looking for your help.

My budget is roughly $3200 USD and I'm looking for a laptop with a high refresh rate screen, a decent keyboard, and alright battery life. Does anyone have recommendations?

I have been eyeballing an Asus Zephyrus G15, but I am not too sure how good they are. Any help or push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

I bought a desktop replacement for college wouldn't recommend it anything with a 3070 class GPU or higher will probably give you about 4 hours of battery life at best. If your are going between lectures etc. for ~7 hours a day it can make charging it up etc. annoying. Plus they run quite hot and loud which makes using them quite frustrating. Personally I would get a cheaper thin and light and a more expensive laptop for your dorm if you want to do gaming on the side. Although, maybe an ITX PC setup will serve you better.  I also found my laptop Clevo NH55AF ran VERY slowly on battery although, that does seem to be an issue specific to mine. However, all gaming laptops run a lot slower on battery so don't expect to be gaming with AC power it's something you don't tend to get told. 

short answer gaming laptops don't make good day to day machines

If your insistent on a single laptop I would advise a razer blade or something similar with a metal frame as plastic laptops get dinged up and scratch quick and usually have issues with hinges especially if your taking them around with you all day and are a bit clumsy like me. 

PC:

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X @ 4.25GHz

RAM: 32GB Patriot Viper Steel 15-15-15-36 @ 3600MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Master X570 

GPU: Powercolor RX 6800XT Liquid Devil 

SSD: 500GB 970 Evo Plus, 500GB Pioneer NVMe, 480GB BX500 SATA.

PSU: Corsair AX1600i 

Cooling: EKWB Watercooling 

Case: O11 Dynamic XL + EKWB Reflection distro plate 

Laptop: Framework Batch 10

I5-1135G7

24GB 2400MHz

500GB PM951