Multi location gaming setup

I have a really bad idea that could turn out super awesome if it’s possible, I’m wanting to setup my pc in the finished upstairs of detached garage (so I don’t wake the wife and children late at night) but I’d also to be able to still have a small setup inside my house. My thought and question is what would be the best way to go about this without building another computer? Is there any way of doing this with fiber? If so what’s the correct kind of hardware would I need? 

the least problematic way of doing this is just have a smaller secondary box (or a laptop) and just steam in-home stream your games.

just make sure there's a really good network connection between the two. (even wireless can be fine, but if your connection strength varies things can get floaty for a moment or two.)

getting display and usb signals over a large distance is an arcane art, and prohibitively expensive. especially if you already want a companion device (laptop/tablet) to accompany your desktop.

3 hours ago, Rockin_Bar_A said:

I have a really bad idea that could turn out super awesome if it’s possible, I’m wanting to setup my pc in the finished upstairs of detached garage (so I don’t wake the wife and children late at night) but I’d also to be able to still have a small setup inside my house. My thought and question is what would be the best way to go about this without building another computer? Is there any way of doing this with fiber? If so what’s the correct kind of hardware would I need? 

I agree with what manykiath said. If you also want to play non-Steam games, there is Rainway. It worksthe same as Steam Remote play but it works with every game. Rainway also has a remote-desktop feature built in. If you start up a game on your laptop, it connects to your PC and starts it up there. If you are done playing and exit, Rainway will automatically close the game on your PC. I would say you need at least 50Mbit/s for a good experience but more is better. The more resolution your stream should have and the more FPS you want to stream, the more bandwidth is required