Distinguishing between faulty tcon or display? LG OLED65C8

Sharif
Go to solution Solved by Sharif,

A little update.

That board controlling the display was the issue but unfortunately the display itself was also damaged during the cab ride to my place

Model - lg oled65c8pua

As the titles suggest, is there a good way to distinguish between them?

So far I tried a replacement PSU and mainboard on this TV to no avail.

Symptoms:

• Vertical Green line was a little haze (Photo below) .
  • TV stays on for max a minute or doing anything on the TV, relay can be heard opening the circuit.
  • Block Image

Image:

Spoiler

20220513_224627.thumb.jpg.0cb96cd48e17cece7a55e04076b501e9.jpg

Things done or will do:

• Changing power supply board and mainboard made no difference to symptoms above.
  • Reconnected all cables and cleaned all ribbon cables.
  • I do have a replacement tcon board in the mail (That was the first part I ordered but I received a broken one, the company I ordered it from finally sent a replacement my way but with slowest shipping possible to an island I am at, so it will be a while to get that).

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

• 6 months later...

A little update.

That board controlling the display was the issue but unfortunately the display itself was also damaged during the cab ride to my place

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M ||