Curious on features on my gpu im getting what the performance to expect and will it fit my case

TurkishBTW
Go to solution Solved by rippy4500,

It looks like you have lots of room available, you should have no problem with fitting it in your case.

Also if the 6700 xt has multiple pcie connectors then you should run seperate cables if you can.

Hey  im upgrading from the 2060 to a 6700XT what do i do before i install it software wise. Whats the equivalent to the gpu and will it fit my case and will temps be good?

measure.jpg

2.jpg

The one time, I changed my GPU, I didn't have to change anything in terms of software beforehand. You just have to turn off the PC, remove the power plug for good measure, swap the cards, turn on the PC and install the right drivers. Also, make sure to get rid off the old drivers. Nvidia's in particular can be quite pesky.

Temperatures will mostly depend on the new card's cooler, though I do think they will be alright.

2 hours ago, startrek03 said:

The one time, I changed my GPU, I didn't have to change anything in terms of software beforehand. You just have to turn off the PC, remove the power plug for good measure, swap the cards, turn on the PC and install the right drivers. Also, make sure to get rid off the old drivers. Nvidias in particular can be quite pesky.

Temperatures will mostly depend on the new card's cooler, though I do think they will be alright.

how do i delete the nvidia drivers

It looks like you have lots of room available, you should have no problem with fitting it in your case.

Also if the 6700 xt has multiple pcie connectors then you should run seperate cables if you can.

PC Specifications: Intel i9-14900KF, 5.8GHz all core locked, 5GHz ring, 1.35v High LLC, E-cores and HT disabled | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 + Thermal Grizzly contact frame | 2x16 G.Skill Trident Z5 7400MHz 34-44-44-34 1T 1.45v (Tuned Subtimings, Hynix A-Die) | Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX | Windows 10/11 EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 Phanteks P400A (Black non-rgb version, Phanteks T30 fans 3 intake (On AIO), 1 exhaust) | SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB PCIE 4.0 (Boot drive), Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SATA

Displays: MSI MAG 271QPX 1440p 360Hz 27" QD-OLED | LG UltraGear 27GP950-B, 4K 144Hz (@120hz) 27" IPS

Desktop Audio: STAX SR-007 MK2 Electrostatic Headphones | STAX SRM-400S Amp | Schiit Bifrost 2/64 (NOS mode, USB in, XLR out)

Mobile Audio: Sennheiser IE 900 IEMs w/ 4.4mm cable | FiiO KA13 "Desktop mode" Disabled

Peripherals: Razer Huntsman V2 Full size wired with linear optical switch | Logitech G502 Hero

2 hours ago, rippy4500 said:

alr thanks

There's a tool called display driver uninstaller (DDU) that can be used to remove graphics card drivers when it is not possible possible to remove the drivers from the system by just uninstalling them the normal way. You'll easily find a tutorial online on how to use it.

2 hours ago, startrek03 said:

There's a tool called display driver uninstaller (DDU) that can be used to remove graphics card drivers when it is not possible possible to remove the drivers from the system by just uninstalling them the normal way. You'll easily find a tutorial online on how to use it.

thank you