Calibration for Asus VX238H

KarsonC

Recently I have bought it to replace my old Topcon 22" LCD. This is a nice monitor and good price for me.I am pretty happy with it yet I sent it to the service centre to change the panel because of light leaking and uneven colour, now it's fine.

I have borrowed a Spyder 3 Express from my friend to do calibration for photoshops, but Asus comes with many different scene mode.

Should I go for sRGB or Standard for calibration? The Standard colour is fine, but the sRGB is completely unusable. Hope to hear from you guys about it as I have to return the Spyder coming weekend.

MY SETUP
CPU: Intel i7-4771 , RAM: Team Xtreem DDR3 1600MHz 8GB x 4 , MB: Intel DZ87KLT-75K , GPU:Asus OC GTX760, SSD: Plextor M5P 256GB , HDD: 1TB WD Black , PSU: Antec HCG520M

@KarsonC, TN monitors aren't that easy to calibrate. You should've bought the IPS equivent, the MX239H (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236310). Calibrating an IPS display is going to return you much more accurate colours than that TN monitor. Just saying.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

@KarsonC, TN monitors aren't that easy to calibrate. You should've bought the IPS equivent, the MX239H (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236310). Calibrating an IPS display is going to return you much more accurate colours than that TN monitor. Just saying.

Talking about the MX series... It costs 70 dollars more, which is out of my budget :( but I did consider about the VX239H ($30 more), however, the ghosting I see on 239H compare with 238H in local retailer is noticeable and kind of annoying to me, even though the colours seem more attractive. One more thing is that I think I fallen into the rant of 1ms response time, yet, when I changed from the old 2ms Topcon monitor, things in BF4 seems much smoother and better experience in kill response, walk through is much better than the old one, no doubt. But this could be due to the perception on 1ms -_-

MY SETUP
CPU: Intel i7-4771 , RAM: Team Xtreem DDR3 1600MHz 8GB x 4 , MB: Intel DZ87KLT-75K , GPU:Asus OC GTX760, SSD: Plextor M5P 256GB , HDD: 1TB WD Black , PSU: Antec HCG520M

Talking about the MX series... It costs 70 dollars more, which is out of my budget :( but I did consider about the VX239H ($30 more), however, the ghosting I see on 239H compare with 238H in local retailer is noticeable and kind of annoying to me, even though the colours seem more attractive. One more thing is that I think I fallen into the rant of 1ms response time, yet, when I changed from the old 2ms Topcon monitor, things in BF4 seems much smoother and better experience in kill response, walk through is much better than the old one, no doubt. But this could be due to the perception on 1ms -_-

Well mate if you're happy with your purchase then I'm happy for ya :D. How have you been going with calibrating it?

What I would try, regarding the different modes, is calibrating in the sRGB mode and see how you go. If that's no good then I would try switching to user mode where you have more control over the RGB colours.

Well mate if you're happy with your purchase then I'm happy for ya :D. How have you been going with calibrating it?

I have now calibrated on sRGB mode, when I switch though standard and sRGB, the standard seem more white than the sRGB. The sRGB with slightly green tint which without comparison will never notice. Not sure where is the problem

MY SETUP

I have now calibrated on sRGB mode, when I switch though standard and sRGB, the standard seem more white than the sRGB. The sRGB with slightly green tint which without comparison will never notice. Not sure where is the problem

Try calibrating in user mode because that way you can get rid of tinting of any kind. That's what most pro calibrators like TFT Central's Simon Baker and PCMonitors.org's Adam Simmons do. It should yield you much better results.

@KarsonC, one thing I will ask is, did you let the device adjust to the ambient light around you? It's always best to do this because that way the colour temperature will be adjusted to your lighting condition.

Try calibrating in user mode because that way you can get rid of tinting of any kind. That's what most pro calibrators like TFT Central's Simon Baker and PCMonitors.org's Adam Simmons do. It should yield you much better results.

Do you mean the standard mode? But what should I set for the colour bars?

The Spyder 3 Express does not have the ambient light adjustment provided, I may borrow another one from others if possible.

MY SETUP

Do you mean the standard mode? But what should I set for the colour bars?

No, I don't mean the standard mode. It's actually under the "color" section in the OSD menu. Then you go to "Color Temp" and then you should see the option labeled "User Mode" and that should allow you to adjust the individual RGB colours during calibration.

The Spyder 3 Express does not have the ambient light adjustment provided, I may borrow another one from others if possible.

Oh! I forgot about that, my bad. Well, yeah, you may want to borrow another that as an ambient light colour temperature adjustment because that will effect how accurate the colours appear. I hope that helps. :D