2080 failing?

Need_Not

Screenshot_1587.thumb.png.eaeeab7d63098d7079741b2cac56b9e6.pngScreenshot_1588.thumb.png.8caaa018556bd7473736ddb82753b606.png

Sometimes it glitches the entire screen. sometimes the glitches are random spots or sometimes the glitches show in spots where there are edges and stuff.

the worst in brave but have had issues in discord and for like 1 frame every few minutes it will sometimes happen in minecraft

i haven't had them anywhere else other than maybe the start menu

i still have 5 months till the warranty is out and i dont wanna get screwed paying $650 for 3 years of use

i should also note that i did update the driver and so far no issues but im not sure if thats luck or not

Just some random guy who has a gaming computer to play on his Minecraft server

For sure looks like a broken card indeed. To 100% confirm it is the card swap it to a different pc and see if the problem persists.

If under warranty indeed just rma it.

Otherwise see if a downclock helps (use msi afterburner).

browser and discord disable hardware acceleration? 

11 hours ago, Need_Not said:

for like 1 frame every few minutes it will sometimes happen in minecraft

in other programs too? 

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite,  Ryzen 9 3900x, Dark Rock Pro 4, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix  RGB 3600 MHz CL16 RAM, RTX 3080 TI FE Watercooled, 6 Case Fans,  Fractal Design Meshify S2

You are awesome, stay safe and healthy.

2 hours ago, SamClan said:

browser and discord disable hardware acceleration? 

in other programs too? 

i dont remember. yesterday i was coding in intellij and using it's build mc client to launch the game with the mod directly from it and i was having issues in game but not in intellij i dont think.

i did have glitches on the start menu i also noticed it usually glitched when there were updates on screen.

5 hours ago, Sjaakie said:

For sure looks like a broken card indeed. To 100% confirm it is the card swap it to a different pc and see if the problem persists.

If under warranty indeed just rma it.

Otherwise see if a downclock helps (use msi afterburner).

i have 5 months left on the warranty but like i said now i dont have any issues after the update but idk if that was an actual fix or more like restarting a pc that will randomly bluescreen every once in a while.

and if i tried to file a warranty claim how will they know if it's broken or not. and even worse where do i get a new card?!

i should also note that i rendered an image a few times in blender for the first time in a while then saved them and closed blender and went to work 
when i came back i had these issues

is there a way to trigger it if it is broken? like would a bench mark trigger it because i want to try and make it happen again because im kinda in a bad spot

if i is fine ill be worried sick it's not and when  cross over the 5 month line im on my own
if it's not fine but it doesn't show up till over the 5 months then ill have to try and find a gpu in this mess of a market.

if it does die within 5 months ill be able to just a $50 upgrade for a 2x better gpu. but good luck finding it

34 minutes ago, Need_Not said:

s there a way to trigger it if it is broken? like would a bench mark trigger it because i want to try and make it happen again because im kinda in a bad spot

Try Furmark, but be warned, well they warn you it might dmg your gpu. it is a stress test I just want to tell you. 

or other GPU stresstest/Benchmarks

34 minutes ago, Need_Not said:

if i is fine ill be worried sick it's not and when  cross over the 5 month line im on my own

send it in and say you have problems and list them. It might help if you can find a trigger that directly show the problem, reproduce it. 

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite,  Ryzen 9 3900x, Dark Rock Pro 4, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix  RGB 3600 MHz CL16 RAM, RTX 3080 TI FE Watercooled, 6 Case Fans,  Fractal Design Meshify S2

2 minutes ago, SamClan said:

Try Furmark, but be warned, well they warn you it might dmg your gpu. it is a stress test I just want to tell you. 

or other GPU stresstest/Benchmarks

is it possible to make it not possible to damage it

2 minutes ago, Need_Not said:

is it possible to make it not possible to damage it

it is a warning. it might have happened But I do run Furmark all the time if I want to stress test my GPU

image.png.f918988a152031443a1ecf1ea1b05246.png

1 minute ago, SamClan said:

it is a warning. it might have happened But I do run Furmark all the time if I want to stress test my GPU

image.png.f918988a152031443a1ecf1ea1b05246.png

it says oc settings but in after burner i set limits that make it good right or does furmark oc it 

ah i ran it and within 2 seconds my psu beeped because of too much power take

4 minutes ago, Need_Not said:

or does furmark oc it 

nope it just stress tests it. it is like you running a super heavy GPU bound game. 

20 minutes ago, SamClan said:

nope it just stress tests it. it is like you running a super heavy GPU bound game. 

i did the 1080 preset and didn't get beeping and it didn't glitch

2 minutes ago, Need_Not said:

i did the 1080 preset and didn't get beeping and it didn't glitch

for how long did you let it run? 

24 minutes ago, Need_Not said:

ah i ran it and within 2 seconds my psu beeped because of too much power take

that is not good

could you please post your speccs? 

11 minutes ago, SamClan said:

for how long did you let it run? 

that is not good

could you please post your speccs? 

it ran for the 30s i think it is when you click it i didnt stop it 

my specs are on my profile but when i was building the pc i was told 550 would be fine so thats why im getting this. and my battery backup is only 550 and that is what is beeping 

6 minutes ago, Need_Not said:

pc i was told 550 would be fine

recommended at the MSI page are 650 Watt

might still be ok

7 minutes ago, Need_Not said:

it ran for the 30s i think it is when you click it i didnt stop it 

I woiuld normally run it for like 20 min. 

6 hours ago, Sjaakie said:

this one is the best option you have to figure out if it is your GPU 

Just now, SamClan said:

recommended at the MSI page are 650 Watt

might still be ok

I woiuld normally run it for like 20 min. 

this one is the best option you have to figure out if it is your GPU 

i dont have another pc to test it on tho

3 minutes ago, Need_Not said:

i dont have another pc to test it on tho

i would also like to mention that i do remember my pc a having screen tear for like 1 frame and not even when i was changing the picture but this was over a month ago and happened 2 or 3 times

well you could try send it back and you will see what happens, in the mean time you could buy a spare GPU and sent it back before the 2 week mark is over (amazon) 

and while you have that new gpu and your "Old" is in warranty you will see if the new one has the same problem. 

2 hours ago, SamClan said:

well you could try send it back and you will see what happens, in the mean time you could buy a spare GPU and sent it back before the 2 week mark is over (amazon) 

and while you have that new gpu and your "Old" is in warranty you will see if the new one has the same problem. 

how much would it cost to ship this and what if they can't find anything wrong with it.
or if they can't find anything wrong with it but there is something wrong with it.
and how do i buy another gpu!? they cost wayyyy more than they are worth

how much would it cost to ship this and what if they can't find anything wrong with it.

ask them, say hey I have a problem I want to send it back don't know if you can reproduce but see that picture that happens. 

or if they can't find anything wrong with it but there is something wrong with it.

have to ask them. 

the point is are they going to check if there is something wrong with it? or are they like Amazon garbage bin. 

and how do i buy another gpu!? they cost wayyyy more than they are worth

if something is wrong with it they send it back. and you get a replacement. 

and for testing for 2 weeks before sending the new one back. you dont need a top of the line gpu 

On 4/30/2022 at 1:56 AM, SamClan said:

ask them, say hey I have a problem I want to send it back don't know if you can reproduce but see that picture that happens. 

have to ask them. 

the point is are they going to check if there is something wrong with it? or are they like Amazon garbage bin. 

if something is wrong with it they send it back. and you get a replacement. 

and for testing for 2 weeks before sending the new one back. you dont need a top of the line gpu 

wait so if it's RMA they will send me a new gpu not just money back? but are 2080s even still made how will that work. and they wont keep the broken gpu?!

I don't know, ask your seller about the process. 

10 hours ago, SamClan said:

I don't know, ask your seller about the process. 

ok will do just where do i buy a gpu that is in stock

On 5/2/2022 at 5:33 PM, Need_Not said:

will do just where do i buy a gpu that is in stock

That is the million euro question