Thinking of Making a Custom PC Case

ProGearUk

I was thinking of making my own custom pc case that would sit falt sort og like a haf xb but cooler and with more features like awesome cable management and great water cooling ability and maybe some glass and all of that kind of thing. Any help is appreciated guys thanks a lot. 

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

If you have some drawings or design plans, post them! I'd like to see what you have in mind  so far :)

i'm planing my own custom case for a while now...just start with your ideas draw something, sleep on it. It's hard to help at the beginning, you should have your own vison in your mind!

I'll move this over to case modding :)

I will do some sketchup stuff in the next few days and post it here as soon as it is done

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

I have been doing some Sketchup. I know the models are only basic, it is my first time using it so I am not very good but I hope you guys can get the concept. TThis case will be in two parts. The top for the radiators and the optical drives as well as motherboard and gpu. The bottom will be for psu hdd/ssd pumps reservoirs, wires and so on. 

Ok lets get the pictures floiwing then

Here is the top that is good for 2 60mm thick 480mm radiators

S8pnDO5.png

The front with the 5.25 inch bays which are good for reservoirs and optical drives etc

n4V3l0g.png

The bottom which will have rubber feet and a filtered intake for the psu. Probably 140mm

fE2y4mf.png

The back which at the moment only has 7 expansion slots but I will accomodate more I think. 

kA2G9SA.png

The left side which will have the window on looking into the main housing of this case.

Hhb9xYH.png

What do people think of this then 

That's a lot of space below the motherboard. Apart from the PSU what else do you have planned for down there?

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

That's a lot of space below the motherboard. Apart from the PSU what else do you have planned for down there?

I am going to have all the hdd and ssd bays as well as space for maybe a couple more rads maybe even dual power supplies. What do you think of the overall design 

pretty decent, to be honest it looks like one of those custom XSPC cube cases

But yer should work well. I'm assuming you're going to add intake, exhaust etc for the bottom part.

Oh may i suggest large handles or even better some wheels because that's going to be heavy lol.

It would be kind of awesome to have a fish tank in there as well. The heat from the computer would be good for tropical fish =] hahah

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Yes I will add the filtered intakes for the bottom. I may have a large reservoir in there or something just to maker it look cool. Probably will have some UV effects as well as led lighting in the end. 

I was also thinking of having a sprung loaded ignition key to turn on the computer. This I think would be cooler than just a anti-vandal switch and would just give the pc a more indsustrial effect. I may also make the bottom so it looks like it has pallet loadable base to make it look even more industrial. What do you guys think. 

When you turn the key maybe some lights and fans will start working and then when you turn it fully the whole PC will start.

Oh and what program did you use to make those pictures?

Dell Inspiron 580 - Modified

Build log

Win 7 | GTX 760 | i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz | 2x2Gb 1333MHz Hyundai + 2x2Gb 1333Mhz Crucial RAM | Seagate 1TB 7200RPM | HyperX Fury 120Gb | Corsair Builder 600M | Fractal R2 Mini

i used google sketch up 

I may just mod a phobya cube case

I have been doing some more work on Google Sketch Up and I have changed the design of the case a little bit to make it better. I am also going to use aluminium uprights in each corner to create a sort of skeleton and then I will attach the aluminium panels to these pieces to make the whole structure. I was wondering whether anyone had any ideas on how i could make side panels or how I could make hinged side panels/back panels. One idea I had was that I could make it so that I uise hinges on the inside of the panels that could open up to reveal the hard drive bays or something like that. I kind of want to make it look industrial  Another idea I has was to make it green and then it could look like a big ammo box with the clips and everything but I think I will keep it black and just stencil my logo onto the front or the side of the case instead. 

Here is the logo I want to put on the Case. Does anybody know anywhere in the Uk that does stickers. Also what do you guys think of it as a logo. 

HiZBHt1.png

Here is the top that has not changed much. I may make it so that there are various rad mounting options rather than just the dual 120-480 but it may be hard because of the amount of weight that the aluminium roof section can support. 

8gdBTpm.png

Here is the inside that has been changed in size and shape a bit. I was thinking that I could have it set-up so that the paint on the inside was ammo box colour paint to give it a sort of industrial military effect that would work nice with my Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Motherboard that I have. 

LbAsEwL.png

Here is the front that will probably have 4 5.25 inch bays if they are not placed in the bottom in the end. 

1wxWcEM.png

Here is the bottom that will have a few filtered intakes as well as rubber feet that will have the same design as the ones on the Fractal Design Define R4. Great Case that. Recommend it to anybody out there. 

7EDH8zP.png

Here is the back which will have a 120mm/140mm fan mount as well as support for a 7/8 slot bord I have not decided yet. It will more than likely be a 7 slot board due to ease of getting pci backlplates. 

mKpQPu4.png

Thanks Guys any feedback is welcome. 

Can we see what it would look if the exterior panels look like? What are you planning to do for the hard drvies, and the huge area below the motherboard? What material is the whole thing going to be made of? All aluminum or mixture of aluminum and steel?
What momentary switch and front I/O are you planning to use?
Other than those questions, its looking pretty good right now!