Anyone see unboxtherapy's new project!?

Many components don't like OSX so will he run windows?

I personally do not like Unboxtherapy. I find his videos have to do more with advertising his giveaways than tech. Even his tech videos are not in depth and are just not the best in my opinion. He advertises his gaveaways way too much and uses some wierd site which requires you have a Facebook in order to sign in.

So no, I have not seen it.

Yeah I agree with you. I only watch his videos for unboxings because his crew has great camera skills and gets you some good visuals of the product

Yeah I agree with you. I only watch his videos for unboxings because his crew has great camera skills and gets you some good visuals of the product

The same.. I kinda of ignore the rest of his videos.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I think the only reason they've got more subscribers than other tech channels like LinusTechTips is because they focus on the more novice audience. The same can be said for SoldierKnowsBest and TechnoBuffalo. They also feature phones a lot more than Linus does and feature more ubiquitous tech. They also talk a lot less about the technology involved and almost seem like they don't know much more about the product than the average viewer does. All they really talk about are small hardware specs such as screen resolution, and software features, while Linus aims for the more 'tech savvy' audience that actually understand the technology involved and how it works. Then, Linus created the channel TechQuickie to target the more novice audience, but the problem is, he features products/guides on that channel that only 'tech savvy' people want to see (if you know that a console is inferior to a gaming PC, then I'm considering you "tech savvy"  :D ). The goal for TechQuickie was to be basic enough up to the point where mothers could watch and understand it. The thing is, I don't know of any mothers that are considering surround monitor setups, or mechanical keyboards. Still, TechQuickie produces great product videos and tutorials, and I hope Linus doesn't change a thing about how he presents his products just to gain more popularity.

I kind of like the veriety of unboxings he does. I don't think he is an expert in any one field so most of his videos aren't too in depth. He also tries to appeal to the more casual viewers than for example linus. He does have some of the best camera work though.