Does Software Raid cause longer boot time?

AntiTrust

I recently reinstalled windows and did a full wipe of all my disks and wanted to try out software raid using windows disk management. 

My storage is set up like below

1 x 500GB nvme drive boot

1 x 500GB sata ssd for work

2 x 2TB SSDs raid 0 striping for games & programs 

2 x 2TB HDD raid 1 mirroring for storing photos and home videos etc I want backed up 

1 x 2TB HDD bitlocker encrypted

However I am finding that my boot times have increased from maybe 10-15 seconds to around 2 minutes. Is this a normal side effect of software raid? As far as I can tell I havent inadvertently changed something in the BIOS, fast boot is enabled etc. 

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

What part of the boot sequence are you waiting on? The bios screens? The windows logo with the dots? The blue with the white dots?

Id also use storage spaces in windows for raid, as it is generally much better here.

It can. If it requires additional drivers to be loaded, that creates overhead.

For what it's worth, with that many drives, I'd probably look into building a dedicated NAS and keeping your desktop living in its own world.

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

Just following up on my post because I figured out the problem. 

one of the HDD I set up for mirroring was very old, 2015, and it appears to have died. nothing ever came up, but when I checked back in disk management later at one point it said that the drive had errors. I checked the drive for errors and it failed. I reformatted the drive as a simple drive, no mirroring and it worked for a bit (I was really suspect of it) and it finally failed and died today. it no longer reads at all in disk management. I unplugged it from the motherboard and my boot times are suddenly back to being 10 seconds or less. 

thanks for the tip on storage spaces @Electronics Wizardy I am plannning on getting a new drive to replace the dead one and set up mirroring again 

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730