Best 4TB HDD for TrueNAS

Hello people,

I have an HPE ProLiant MicroServer Generation 8 (Gen8) and I looking to make a small NAS for the home based on TrueNAS Core.聽 2x4GB DDR3 ECC and a Celeron庐 G1610T *(if anyone has an E3-1265L v2 or E3-1260L I would happily pay to be shipped聽 to me 馃槢聽)

I would like to get 4 x4TB HDD and set them on a RAID 5 (RAIDZ1)聽聽with an SSD 128Gb that I already have on hand on the ODD for boot.(currently booting from an SD Card 32GB

I am looking at the IRON WOLF (very popular choice) , the WD RED (smr vs cmr scandal)聽 or the Toshiba N300 (looks very good on paper).

Fist of all if you had to pick one of the 3 above , which would you picked?

Also do you have any alternative options that you could recommendations ( a friend of mine suggested to go with enterprise HDD but they are very expensive)聽聽

Thanks in advance 馃檪

No need to go with enterprise drives if you're not an enterprise use case.

I'm not aware of any particular increased failure rate on any of those three either, so they're all fair game as far as I'd be concerned. For me the Iron Wolf and Red usually cost about the same. I went for WD Red years ago, so out of habit that's the one I've been expanding my NAS with. Now with the SMR/CMR mixup and WD making their own creative labeling of RPM I'd probably go with Iron Wolf purely because I'm not aware of such things there at the moment.

Realistically, unless a particular model in those lineups offers something specific that you are after, all will likely be withing arm's reach of each other.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F聽| RAM: GSkill聽16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU:聽i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU:聽i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

WD Gold if you want the best.

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>