Asus VG27AQ

Anyone who has any experience with the ASUS VG27AQ? It is really cheap in my country at this moment, so I was considering buying it. I had also looked at the Samsung g7 and the gigabyte m27q but they are around double in price. So I am not sure if that is worth it for me.

right now I play on a ASUS mg248q monitor and have been for atleast 4-5 years. So that’s the “quality” I have been used to

I'd suggest you'd rather get an LG Ultra Gear 27GP850-B instead. Top-notch 1440p performer.

31 minutes ago, RMTM said:

I'd suggest you'd rather get an LG Ultra Gear 27GP850-B instead. Top-notch 1440p performer.

I heard that the Samsung G7 should be the best 1440p monitor overall? But the LG is priced the same as the M27Q and G7, which is around double in price compared to those 😕

38 minutes ago, MadsAndersen2500 said:

I heard that the Samsung G7 should be the best 1440p monitor overall? But the LG is priced the same as the M27Q and G7, which is around double in price compared to those 😕

I have both ASUS and LG. ASUS VG27AQ should be a decent monitor if you're used to the ASUS' interface and monitor performance for its price point.

By the way, what GPU are you going to pair it with?

28 minutes ago, RMTM said:

I have both ASUS and LG. ASUS VG27AQ should be a decent monitor if you're used to the ASUS' interface and monitor performance for its price point.

I have a gtx 1080 right now, but I am planning to upgrade if I end up feeling like I can't run the games I play on 1440p. I mostly started thinking about buying the monitor because I saw that it was so cheap, at what would translate to 220 usd ish where the others costs atleast 430 USD. So although I hear that the LG and the Samsung g7 is really good, I am unsure if it is enough of a difference when compared to it being double the price 😕

49 minutes ago, RMTM said:

How do you feel that the picture quality and responsiveness is on the Asus compared to the LG? Do you feel like it is worth double the price?

48 minutes ago, MadsAndersen2500 said:

How do you feel that the picture quality and responsiveness is on the Asus compared to the LG? Do you feel like it is worth double the price?

To me, the LG UltraGear 27GP850-B produces more accurate colors that pop, other than the ASUS'. LG is more responsive on G-Sync mode under 165hzRR. Ghosting is less(better) on the LG than the ASUS. And I appreciate how LG's HDR renders high quality movies and video games (without sacrificing performance). Not to mention the connectivity at the back of the unit, which is a whole lot of fun.

20 minutes ago, RMTM said:

To me, the LG UltraGear 27GP850-B produces more accurate colors that pop, other than the ASUS'. LG is more responsive on G-Sync mode under 165hzRR. Ghosting is less(better) on the LG than the ASUS. And I appreciate how LG's HDR renders high quality movies and video games (without sacrificing performance). Not to mention the connectivity at the back of the unit, which is a whole lot of fun.

So you would say that the LG Is worth the double price? I know that the Asus normally costs more in which case I for sure would have picked the LG or the samsung G9, I am only so confused because the Asus is around 40% off price right now 😕

1 hour ago, MadsAndersen2500 said:

So you would say that the LG Is worth the double price? I know that the Asus normally costs more in which case I for sure would have picked the LG or the samsung G9, I am only so confused because the Asus is around 40% off price right now 😕

It is really up to you. I just pointed out some key points based from my experience. You may also check some reviews from other reputable youtube channels. I just find Samsung monitors to be over-saturated. 40% OFF seems like a good deal as well. But then again, it's all up to you.

1 hour ago, RMTM said:

It is really up to you. I just pointed out some key points based from my experience. You may also check some reviews from other reputable youtube channels. I just find Samsung monitors to be over-saturated. 40% OFF seems like a good deal as well. But then again, it's all up to you.

It’s mostly because I don’t have much of a reference. Because I don’t know how good the ASUS or the LG is. I am trying to find out if the vg27aq runs noticeably better than my 1080p ASUS mg248q I have now 😕 

-> Moved to Displays

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv