New build- mobo not registering SSD

iTitan
Go to solution Solved by Uptivuptiz,

Hi there, welcome to the forum! 🙂

I don't suppose you remember the error code it gave you when it BSOD'ed?

Also what motherboard do you have?

In any case it never hurts to clear the CMOS to see if that fixes anything. See how to do so here.

If that doesn't fix it, the drive might be dead and you need to RMA it.

Hello everyone. I have recently built a new PC it was my first so I feel I may have messed up somewhere. It has been running super well for the past 3 weeks and then out of no where in the middle of gaming it crashed gave me the windows blue screen of death and ever since has not registered my SSD. I have done everything I can thing to reseating and even moving the SSD to another slot and nothing. I can boot into the bios but of course this ssd has my boot info on it and no matter what I can not find the M.2 drive. Aorus 1TB SSD. Apologies if this was posted in the wrong area. 

In any case it never hurts to clear the CMOS to see if that fixes anything. See how to do so here.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

54 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Hello! Thank you for your time and response. I have an aorus X570 elite board. When I go into the bios it does not show it as a boot drive at all but It did show that the drive was attached to the board. I did clear the CMOS as well. When I first built the PC I had a SSD I was trying to bring over from my old PC but after one boot up and restart to turn on fast boot after the build was done my windows boot just disappeared and I ended up adding it to my new drive and starting fresh. I was unable to get the error unfortunately and have not been able to replicate it. I refreshed my bios last night got back in 1 time everything was all good and then when I got up a few hours later my PC was off and now is not registering the boot drive. @Uptivuptiz

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg