Do i need a fan hub

YouKnowZampe
Go to solution Solved by Thomas CG,

Your motherboard seems to have 5 fan headers and 1 AIO pump header, depending on the number of fans you plan to put in you case you might need either a Y splitter or a fan hub.

Hello.

im going to buy corsair 4000x rgb, it comes with 3 rgb fans and One rgb hub not sure.

I have an aio that i Will use but im not sure if i need a fan hub?

I have a msi b450 tomahawk max as mobo 

Your motherboard seems to have 5 fan headers and 1 AIO pump header, depending on the number of fans you plan to put in you case you might need either a Y splitter or a fan hub.

Main Rig : 5600X, NH-U14s, MSI B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB DDR4 3200, MSI RTX 3070

Server : i7-7700k, Hyper 212 RGB, ASUS Prime z270, 16GB DDR4 2133, MSI GTX 1070

9 minutes ago, Thomas CG said:

As a start i will have the 3 fans that come with the case and 2 fans to the aio 

Just now, YouKnowZampe said:

As a start i will have the 3 fans that come with the case and 2 fans to the aio 

From what I saw on your motherboard website you would have enough fan headers on your motherboard for all the 5 if you want to control them all with the motherboard

2 minutes ago, Thomas CG said:

From what I saw on your motherboard website you would have enough fan headers on your motherboard for all the 5 if you want to control them all with the motherboard

Would i be able to control them with some kind of software?

Just now, YouKnowZampe said:

Would i be able to control them with some kind of software?

Possibly, for sure it is controllable in the BIOS where you will be able to adjust the fan curves, as for in system you would have to check.

4 minutes ago, Thomas CG said:

Possibly, for sure it is controllable in the BIOS where you will be able to adjust the fan curves, as for in system you would have to check.

Im bad at mobo so would the cables be able to connect to the fan header in terms of length?

I have seen that there is different markings like cpu fan, sys1 fan etc, where should i connect them?

26 minutes ago, YouKnowZampe said:

Im bad at mobo so would the cables be able to connect to the fan header in terms of length?

I have seen that there is different markings like cpu fan, sys1 fan etc, where should i connect them?

The ones from the AIO would go on the cpu fan header, the ones from the case any sys fan would do. As for length that would depend on the length of the fan cables, but they usually have somewhat long cables.

8 minutes ago, Thomas CG said:

The ones from the AIO would go on the cpu fan header, the ones from the case any sys fan would do. As for length that would depend on the length of the fan cables, but they usually have somewhat long cables.

Thank you