Audio isn't playing from the motherboards Jack

Hello!

I can't hear any sound coming from the Back Motherboard Jack. It was working a while ago but I had a Dead Harddrive I had to remove. After that It stopped working. What made the problem?

Thank you for your reply and Have a Nice day! 🙂

Jacob

PS: My Motherboard is Gigabyte A520 AORUS ELITE (rev. 1.0)

Hit the Windows key, type the following:

mmsys.cpl

Hit enter. 

Share a screenshot of the screen that opens.

3 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Hit the Windows key, type the following:

mmsys.cpl

Hit enter. 

Share a screenshot of the screen that opens.

Hi! 

Thank you for helping me, I really appriciate that! 🙂

So Here is the screenshot (I'm sorry, It's in Slovak, because I'm from Slovakia)

image.png

Think you could scroll down in that list and take another screenshot? Just want to make sure i'm not missing anything and the dumb UI design doesn't let you expand the window.

Just now, GuiltySpark_ said:

Think you could scroll down in that list and take another screenshot? Just want to make sure i'm not missing anything and the dumb UI design doesn't let you expand the window.

Yeah, sure 🙂 

Here you go 🙂

image.png

Ok seems like the 2nd output was disabled in the first pic but enabled in the second. If you right click either of those Realtek outputs and click test, you don't get any audio? Obviously ensure your speakers are connected to the correct ports on the motherboard and powered on.

The Realtek HD Audio 2nd output is my Jack on the front, I'm using the one on the front until we will fix the Motherboard one.

1 minute ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Ok seems like the 2nd output was disabled in the first pic but enabled in the second. If you right click either of those Realtek outputs and click test, you don't get any audio? Obviously ensure your speakers are connected to the correct ports on the motherboard and powered on.

But yeah, If I try the "Speakers" when the headphones are connected to the motherboard jack, I can't hear anything. 

For now, you can Ignore the Realtek Audio 2nd Output, since I'm not using that one while I have my headphones in the Motherboard port

I know this sounds ridiculous but honestly you should just try the "windows problem solver". For sound misconfigurations it works surprisingly well.

Windows 11 Pro 22H2

Ryzen 3600

Gigabyte B450M DS3H

GIGABYTE RTX 2080 GAMING OC

G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

And I forgot to tell you, The Front port works, even the one on the Monitor. But the port on the Motherboard doesn't work.

1 minute ago, aexel05 said:

I know this sounds ridiculous but honestly you should just try the "windows problem solver". For sound misconfigurations it works surprisingly well.

I tried that and It didn't helped 😕

26 minutes ago, Jakubman625 said:

And I forgot to tell you, The Front port works, even the one on the Monitor. But the port on the Motherboard doesn't work.

In my experience, the front jack connected will disable the rear port on a hardware/firmware level. Sometimes this can be disabled by using the audio chip manufacturer's tools, but Windows doesn't usually control this itself.

Main System (Byarlant): Ryzen 7 5800X | Asus B550-Creator ProArt | EK 240mm Basic AIO | 16GB G.Skill DDR4 3200MT/s CAS-14 | XFX Speedster SWFT 210 RX 6600 | Samsung 990 PRO 2TB / Samsung 960 PRO 512GB / 4× Crucial MX500 2TB (RAID-0) | Corsair RM750X | Mellanox ConnectX-3 10G NIC | Inateck USB 3.0 Card | Hyte Y60 Case | Dell U3415W Monitor | Keychron K4 Brown (white backlight)

Laptop (Narrative): Lenovo Flex 5 81X20005US | Ryzen 5 4500U | 16GB RAM (soldered) | Vega 6 Graphics | SKHynix P31 1TB NVMe SSD | Intel AX200 Wifi (all-around awesome machine)

Proxmox Server (Veda): Ryzen 7 3800XT | AsRock Rack X470D4U | Corsair H80i v2 | 64GB Micron DDR4 ECC 3200MT/s | 4x 10TB WD Whites / 4x 14TB Seagate Exos / 2× Samsung PM963a 960GB SSD | Seasonic Prime Fanless 500W | Intel X540-T2 10G NIC | LSI 9207-8i HBA | Fractal Design Node 804 Case (side panels swapped to show off drives) | VMs: TrueNAS Scale; Ubuntu Server (PiHole/PiVPN/NGINX?); Windows 10 Pro; Ubuntu Server (Apache/MySQL)

Media Center/Video Capture (Jesta Cannon): Ryzen 5 1600X | ASRock B450M Pro4 R2.0 | Noctua NH-L12S | 16GB Crucial DDR4 3200MT/s CAS-22 | EVGA GTX750Ti SC | UMIS NVMe SSD 256GB /

TEAMGROUP MS30 1TB | Corsair CX450M | Viewcast Osprey 260e Video Capture | Mellanox ConnectX-2 10G NIC | LG UH12NS30 BD-ROM | Silverstone Sugo SG-11 Case | Sony XR65A80K

Camera: Sony ɑ7II w/ Meike Grip | Sony SEL24240 | Samyang 35mm ƒ/2.8 | Sony SEL50F18F | Sony SEL2870 (kit lens) | PNY Elite Perfomance 512GB SDXC card

Network:

Spoiler
                           ┌─────────────── Office/Rack ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
Google Fiber Webpass ────── UniFi Security Gateway ─── UniFi Switch 8-60W ─┬─ UniFi Switch Flex XG ═╦═ Veda (Proxmox Virtual Switch)
(500Mbps↑/500Mbps↓)                             UniFi CloudKey Gen2 (PoE) ─┴─ Veda (IPMI)           ╠═ Veda-NAS (HW Passthrough NIC)
╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╩═ Narrative (Asus USB 2.5G NIC)
║ ┌────── Closet ──────┐   ┌─────────────── Bedroom ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
╚═ UniFi Switch Flex XG ═╤═ UniFi Switch Flex XG ═╦═ Byarlant
   (PoE)                 │                        ╠═ Narrative (Cable Matters USB-PD 2.5G Ethernet Dongle)
                         │                        ╚═ Jesta Cannon*
                         │ ┌─────────────── Media Center ──────────────────────────────────┐
Notes:                   └─ UniFi Switch 8 ─────────┬─ UniFi Access Point nanoHD (PoE)
═══ is Multi-Gigabit                                ├─ Sony Playstation 4 
─── is Gigabit                                      ├─ Pioneer VSX-S520
* = cable passed to Bedroom from Media Center       ├─ Sony XR65A80K (Google TV)
** = cable passed from Media Center to Bedroom      └─ Work Laptop** (Startech USB-PD Dock)

Retired/Other:

Spoiler

Laptop (Rozen-Zulu): Sony VAIO VPCF13WFX | Core i7-740QM | 8GB Patriot DDR3 | GT 425M | Samsung 850EVO 250GB SSD | Blu-ray Drive | Intel 7260 Wifi (lived a good life, retired with honor)

Testbed/Old Desktop (Kshatriya): Xeon X5470 @ 4.0GHz | ZALMAN CNPS9500 | Gigabyte EP45-UD3L | 8GB Nanya DDR2 400MHz | XFX HD6870 DD | OCZ Vertex 3 Max-IOPS 120GB | Corsair CX430M | HooToo USB 3.0 PCIe Card | Osprey 230 Video Capture | NZXT H230 Case

TrueNAS Server (La Vie en Rose): Xeon E3-1241v3 | Supermicro X10SLL-F | Corsair H60 | 32GB Micron DDR3L ECC 1600MHz | 1x Kingston 16GB SSD / Crucial MX500 500GB

Hi,

So I reinstalled the System and The problem is Fixed! 

Moderators if you want you can close this topic :)