GTA V is stuttering on a pretty high end PC, making me teleport around - I've tried everything. Any help?

Snorlax
My PC's specs are quite moderate:
  • i9 12900K
  • RTX 3070
  • 32GB 3600 MHz RAM
  • 1TB Samsung 980 PRO
  • 1440p 165 Hz monitor

I also have a 1 gigabit connection with a measured 0.33 ping, I'm using a wired connection, and all my networking equipment is Ubiquiti devices.

I am constantly playing at 170-200 FPS.

The problem I'm having is insane stuttering. Every 1-3 seconds, the game freezes for a bit. When we race, my friends teleport in front of me (or I teleport behind them), and they can very well see that. Sometimes I teleport behind them and their car or motorcycle does a 180, because our vehicles touched each other.

Here is a phone recorded video (so recording slowing down my PC is ruled out), showing the stuttering and teleporting happening, where you can clearly see they teleport in front or me/I teleport behind them in the first clips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCJqpeq3H1s

I've tried everything I can think of:
  • Uninstall the game
  • Install the game on a different SSD
  • Turn all the graphics down from very high/ultra to lowest possible
  • Set the game to 60 Hz
  • Turn on and off G-Sync
  • Turn on and off VSync (in-game)
  • I have latest GPU drivers, but I also tried older versions

My CPU hits a maximum of 75 degrees. My GPU reaches a maximum of 65 degrees. My CPU is running at a constant 5 GHz stable overclock (4 GHz on E-Cores), but I did try disabling my OC profile.

It's definitely worse on other parts of the map, but that might just be a coincidence. Desert/sand definitely feels a lot worse than downtown, where I feel basically no stuttering.

At this point I have no clue what to do. What else can I troubleshoot at this point? I should note that GTA V is the ONLY game that stutters. Every other game runs perfectly.

Desktop: i9 12900K - 64GB 6000 MHz CL36 - RTX 4090 X3 OC

Unraid server: Ryzen 3900X - 32GB 3200 MHz CL14 - Quadro P2000 - 50+ TB raw

Well I will say that this is a known server issue with gtav servers. People just hopping all over the place especially when driving at high speeds is super common and isn't really something you can fix as again it's a server side issue. Also when I say server side issue I don't even mean that the servers are bad as it's a software issue as far as I am aware as even people who run dedicated servers that are super nice still have the issue. Seems like an issue with the net code or something but long story short is that it's just a limitation of the game and there isn't a really good way to get rid of it as far as I am aware. 

16 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Well I will say that this is a known server issue with gtav servers. People just hopping all over the place especially when driving at high speeds is super common and isn't really something you can fix as again it's a server side issue. Also when I say server side issue I don't even mean that the servers are bad as it's a software issue as far as I am aware as even people who run dedicated servers that are super nice still have the issue. Seems like an issue with the net code or something but long story short is that it's just a limitation of the game and there isn't a really good way to get rid of it as far as I am aware. 

There definitely is. If I'm the only one having the issues (for weeks), and none of my friends have experienced it, it's definitely something on my end.

Does it happen when you play the same game offline? What do you mean 0.33 ping? 330ms or 33ms? IDK about GTAV servers but if its 330ms its way way too high for mp games. Acceptable ping is not over 100ms.

25 minutes ago, lafrente said:

Does it happen when you play the same game offline? What do you mean 0.33 ping? 330ms or 33ms? IDK about GTAV servers but if its 330ms its way way too high for mp games. Acceptable ping is not over 100ms.

I have no completed any GTA V offline, but I guess I can give that a try.

I mean 0.33ms. That's to my nearest speedtest.net server, though. I have not found a way to check the ping to the GTA V servers.

there's a bug in the RAGE engine that will SEVERELY affect your frame rate if it goes above ~170ish.  Use riva tuner to cap the frame rate to 165.  That's what i have to do

Edit: Can't remember the specific Framerate that wakes this bug up.  But it's been well documented over the years

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

happened to my friend in valorant idk if this is going to work 

go to run>type %Temp%>ctrl+a>delete all now do the same thing but type Temp only, no percent signs

if its still not working try disabling hpet, you can google a way on how to 

3 hours ago, SimplyChunk said:

there's a bug in the RAGE engine that will SEVERELY affect your frame rate if it goes above ~170ish.  Use riva tuner to cap the frame rate to 165.  That's what i have to do

Edit: Can't remember the specific Framerate that wakes this bug up.  But it's been well documented over the years

Huh, that's weird.

And I'm guessing capping it in-game doesn't work? I've capped it at 60 Hz refresh rate (in the settings in GTA V), and the game was quite choppy, but the Xbox Game Bar whatever overlay still showed 170+ FPS. It was choppy though, but maybe GTA's limit implementation is broken?

4 hours ago, SimplyChunk said:

Holy shizz dude it's completely true. I limited the FPS in RivaTuner to 60, no lag. Limited to 144, no lag. Limited to nothing and it stutters like crazy.

WHAT THE. I'm honestly speechless. I never thought having a "too good" PC could cause this.. Thanks a lot, my guy!