Help me read my pingplotter results? please and ty

Wazy

Hello my names Jose, I need help reading my pingplotter results because I am a bit clueless on what to deduce from it. My house had been having a lot of packloss disruptions while playing games and watching some streaming services. I used pingplotter almost 2 years ago to solve my issue with my ISP (Cox Internet) and am having trouble again on the same matter. I'll attach a screenshot of what I got. Most of my packetloss comes from HOP 3 (about +50%) while HOP 2 jumps from 1% - 5.1%. I was wondering if you think this issue stems from my modem or if its possible an outside occurence. HOPs 4-13 do have a substantial amount of packloss also with the exception of HOP 5 which has none consistently.

If anyone could help me thanks a lot. I'd appreciate it very much.

thx again, Jose

image.png.09838d314d509159678de5ad9964d27a.png

14 hours ago, Wazy said:

Hello my names Jose, I need help reading my pingplotter results because I am a bit clueless on what to deduce from it. My house had been having a lot of packloss disruptions while playing games and watching some streaming services. I used pingplotter almost 2 years ago to solve my issue with my ISP (Cox Internet) and am having trouble again on the same matter. I'll attach a screenshot of what I got. Most of my packetloss comes from HOP 3 (about +50%) while HOP 2 jumps from 1% - 5.1%. I was wondering if you think this issue stems from my modem or if its possible an outside occurence. HOPs 4-13 do have a substantial amount of packloss also with the exception of HOP 5 which has none consistently.

If anyone could help me thanks a lot. I'd appreciate it very much.

thx again, Jose

Do bear in mind that losing ping packets does not necessarily mean there is a problem.  Ping will generally have the lowest priority on the ISP routers so will be dropped if its busy while real traffic may not.

You might also want to try limiting it to IPv4 (try using a Google DNS IPv4 address instead such as 8.8.8.8) as I'm not sure the games will be using IPv6, which is what you are showing above.  You won't necessarily be hitting the same routers at the ISP for IPv4 and IPv6 traffic.

You could also try disabling IPv6 in Windows to see if that makes any difference, assuming its that PC that is having issues.  I have no idea if streaming sites use IPv6 or not.

You're probably also exposing your public IPv6 address in the above screenshot, perhaps not a good idea.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7