Dialed in?

An0maly_76

So on my new build, I wasn't sure I wanted RGB all around, so I left the RGB plugs disconnected for the three SP120s in the nose of the Corsair 4000X I chose, leaving them with power for cooling, but no RGB.

Last night, I had an idea and decided to reconnect them. The three fans I added to the case were LL120s, which are viewed separately with the Commander and can therefore be given a different control profile separate from the SP120s. What I decided to do was to have all six on temp monitor, but to keep the front fans dark until CPU package temp is getting too high.

The iCUE software is persnickety to say the least, and eventually I wound up blowing away the existing profiles and starting fresh, even the custom fan curve.

In accord with AMD's official statements on acceptable Zen3 temperatures, the temp monitor setpoints are as follows:

Front SP120s: Dark until 80C, fading up to yellow at 85C.

Top/Rear LL120s: Blue until 80C, fading up to cyan at 85C.

At 88C, all six go red.

The new curve ramps from 70% at 30C to 80% at 50C, then 90% at 85C.

Now, I had been seeing 35C-39C at idle, ranging 47C-57C under nominal load, with a peak of around 63C when gaming. Cinebench R23, however, was pushing the system as high as 79C-88C, a little too high for my liking. Not really considering any change this fan curve might make, I didn't really test it right away and just happened to run Cinebench this morning. What a difference! It never went over 75.5C and cools quickly -- 25-35C in about 15-30 seconds.

I'd say she be dialed in, cap'n... What say ye?

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

2 minutes ago, Ralfi said:

Any changes to ambient temp from yesterday to this morning?

Short answer, not really. I have serious respiratory issues that require my ambient temp to be 68F (20C) or less -- I require air-conditioning even in the wintertime. I'm being tested for high-functioning autism in a couple days, and from there it's possible these issues are Sensory Processing Disorder-related -- it would make a lot of sense if they are.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

This is the fan curve I'm running now. The ramp up didn't get as sharp before, I think that's what did the trick. I think previous was ramping up from 70% between 50C and 80C.

image.thumb.png.f0b96695d519046ac0ab157e60e006df.png

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!