Nvidia missed the memo

The price,the power draw,the power connectors,the size,the weight (i am afraid it will rip apart my PCI-E slot).

Those are 5 reasons why most people won't buy it.

When it comes to buying GPUs i tend to buy at the same price i bought my current card + $50,performance must be at least 2x faster than my current card.

In 2011 i bought a HD 6750 1GB GDDR5 for $150

In 2015 i bought a R9 380 4GB for $200

In 2019 i bought a GTX 1660 for $250

So according to the pattern i will maybe buy a new GPU for $300 in 2023

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

7 hours ago, Vishera said:

the weight (i am afraid it will rip apart my PCI-E slot).

The weight is not really an issue, they have titanium brackets on top high sturdiness backplates, and the EVGA FTW3 3090 Ti has an eLeash to suspend the card to the top of the case for additional structural support (suspended from either fan, radiator, or case mounting hole for fans). Others have GPU holders (and there's 3rd party holders available for purchase, and some cases even have integrated GPU holders). Weight has been a solved issue for 4+ years now.

spacer.png

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Dogzilla07 said:

and the EVGA FTW3 3090 Ti has

It's not the only 3090 Ti in the world...

So far all the measures to deal with the weight that you listed apply specifically to this EVGA card.

You mentioned third party support brackets,there are a lot of questionable ones on the market,i will even dare say that most of them are questionable.

I doubt that they can support the weight of a 3090 Ti.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz

17 minutes ago, Dogzilla07 said:

Not ideal,but better than most.

The area that needs support the most is the area that is the most further from the PCI-E slot and the bracket,

The Lian Li bracket doesn't provide much support there so the location is not ideal.

Can it support the 3090 Ti? - Maybe.

The EVGA eLeash is so far the best solution i have seen,it provides support exactly at the ideal place and uses the strength of AIO mounting hardware.

But there are flaws in EVGA's solution:

The wire will weaken over time until it will give up and snap.

How people who don't have an AIO mounted at the top can install the eLeash?

15 hours ago, Vishera said:

How people who don't have an AIO mounted at the top can install the eLeash?

It mounts to just a fan, or just the case frame, there's 2 mounting adapters.

15 hours ago, Vishera said:

The area that needs support the most is the area that is the most further from the PCI-E slot and the bracket,

The area exactly diagonally from that is also useful/important, as if it's leveraged with something when the GPU has a sturdy encompassing bracket, there's a similar (smaller) but still useful preservation effect. Not to mention that the PCI-E slots are reinforced nowadays.

Same like 1.5kg-2kg CPU coolers, it's not that big of a deal outside of edge cases.