i7 9700k RTX 2070 - high-100% cpu usage and high memory and gpu usage as well while gaming

snowkid

I have had this pc for about a year now. I have a i7 9700k cpu and RTX 2070 gpu. Recently, I noticed that I was getting 100% cpu usage while gaming (Valorant, GTA V, CSGO). While playing Valorant, I noticed that the game itself was taking over 70% of cpu usage and a little more than 50% gpu usage and around 60% memory. Same with GTAV. I have two monitors 75hz, 60hz both plugged into the graphic card. I have already tried updating the chipset and graphic drives using the DDU method but nothing changed. When I am not playing any games the cpu usage is <10% overall. I dont remember this happening before at all. I have linked a picture of the cpu usage with the temp while playing Valorant. I play on 1080p fullscreen, high settings with no fps cap. WJvWcX9.jpeg

10 minutes ago, snowkid said:

Valorant, GTA V, CSGO

All 3 of those games are notorious for being very CPU demanding, especially if you're playing at 1080P. This doesn't really surprise me. Overclocking it to 5GHz would help out a bit, but not a ton. 

Also, don't use task manager to measure GPU usage, it's famously unreliable for that. Use HWiNFO64, MSI Afterburner, etc. to monitor instead, my guess is it'll be a little closer to 70% in one of those, but 50% like where it's at currently wouldn't really surprise me that much. 

18 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

All 3 of those games are notorious for being very CPU demanding, especially if you're playing at 1080P. This doesn't really surprise me. Overclocking it to 5GHz would help out a bit, but not a ton. 

Also, don't use task manager to measure GPU usage, it's famously unreliable for that. Use HWiNFO64, MSI Afterburner, etc. to monitor instead, my guess is it'll be a little closer to 70% in one of those, but 50% like where it's at currently wouldn't really surprise me that much. 

I have been using this pc for about a year now and when playing at 1080p, i didnt get 100%cpu usage before tho.