My mic won't work on the Xbox app (PC) but will on everything else

GREX36

Hi, 

I have just bought a blue yeti mic (Ik it's old and not professional but it was cheap second hand and sounds ok) and it works on every app (discord, windows own sound recorder, ) and even looks like it's working on the game bar but doesn't work when I get in a party (the white ring doesn't show up and my friends can't hear me). The audio pass through works with the party and the mic in my webcam still works with Xbox. I've tried everything - reset Xbox gamebar, change the usb port and I even used a USBC dongle but still wouldn't work. I'm at a loss so if someone could help me that would be great. I know I should just use discord but most of my friends are on Xbox so I kind of have no choice so...

42 minutes ago, GREX36 said:

Hi, 

I have just bought a blue yeti mic (Ik it's old and not professional but it was cheap second hand and sounds ok) and it works on every app (discord, windows own sound recorder, ) and even looks like it's working on the game bar but doesn't work when I get in a party (the white ring doesn't show up and my friends can't hear me). The audio pass through works with the party and the mic in my webcam still works with Xbox. I've tried everything - reset Xbox gamebar, change the usb port and I even used a USBC dongle but still wouldn't work. I'm at a loss so if someone could help me that would be great. I know I should just use discord but most of my friends are on Xbox so I kind of have no choice so...

Did you try the voice tab in the xbox game bar, I had a similar issue and it was because the app had automatically selected the wrong input device

Screenshot (4126).png

Yours faithfully