No 1440p 144Hz on Lenovo M720q Tiny PC over DisplayPort 1.2

JoHo

So I got this tiny and cheapo Lenovo M720q that I use only for media consumption like YouTube videos but I recently put one of my old 1440p 144Hz monitor away and decided to plug it into the Lenovo. 

When I saw that 144Hz didn't work I tried 120Hz and that worked but I don't really get why it won't let me use 144Hz. It has a DisplayPort 1.2 connection to the monitor and the monitor is an ASUS PG278Q. 

I googled and DisplayPort 1.2 should be able to support 144Hz.

In the Intel Graphics Control Panel, it even lets me select 144Hz but then the screen just stays black and reverts to the previous setting after 30 seconds. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core | Mainboard: ASUS X570-E Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB | GPU: Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 TI | SSD: Segate Firecuda 520 1TB | HDD: All in all 9TB of HDDs | Power: Corsair RM850I | Cooling: Custom Loop | Displays: 3x ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 1440p 144Hz G-Sync | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 | Mouse: Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | Case: Fractal Design Define S2 Vision Blackout | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit