MX Anywhere Rubber Grips Peeling

ShadowChaser

Hi all, I use an MX Anywhere 2s for travel (basically any work away from my desktop) and it's starting to get a little worn - the side grips don't fit in the channels anymore and are becoming more and more of a nuisance. Can this be solved with some heat and glue or will I need to source new grips?

All suggestions welcome!

Daily Driver: Asus ROG Flow X13 - 5900HS/3050 Ti

Primary Desktop: NCase M1 - 5800X3D/RX 6950XT

Travel PC: Fractal Terra - 5800X/RTX 3060 Ti

I have too many computers. List here.

1 hour ago, ShadowChaser said:

Hi all, I use an MX Anywhere 2s for travel (basically any work away from my desktop) and it's starting to get a little worn - the side grips don't fit in the channels anymore and are becoming more and more of a nuisance. Can this be solved with some heat and glue or will I need to source new grips?

All suggestions welcome!

First of all if the side grips don’t fit it the channels it’s because they’re bent (doubtful) or they’re filled with schmutz.  In either case they need to be made right again via cue tips or something to get the crap out or a pair or pliers or something to get the channel straight again. The thing yo glue rubber to stuff is barge cement.  There are instructions on the can.   It’s available in most big-box hardware stores.  Call ahead though to make sure you don’t waste a trip.  It’s like kickass rubber cement. Clean it out and fix it, sticker back down and in, and keep going.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.