Does the Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus Run Hot on Normal use?

Amer

Will it run hot under normal use such as just putting my OS/Games on it? I won't do anything else other than use it as my main drive.

I had an old Sabrent m.2 and worked really well with storing everything on it.

Cheese

Or should I get the 980 Pro? I was told Sabrent's endurance is not reliable ..

Cheese

From my own experience, no, it will not get subsatantially hot under normal use. Just make sure your computer has adequete cooling and you'll be fine.

2 minutes ago, AKS_Adrian said:

From my own experience, no, it will not get subsatantially hot under normal use. Just make sure your computer has adequete cooling and you'll be fine.

You reckon I should get the Samsung pro 980? I heard it’s good/better than sabrent

Cheese

What do you consider hot? In my experience, ever since manufacturers started pushing heat sinks, peoples understanding of what temperatures are a problem and more specifically what it takes for a consumer to truly overheat an SSD have been massively blown out of proportion. 

3 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

What do you consider hot? In my experience, ever since manufacturers started pushing heat sinks, peoples understanding of what temperatures are a problem and more specifically what it takes for a consumer to truly overheat an SSD have been massively blown out of proportion. 

Idk I was told Sabrent runs really hot and that it’s not consistent as the Pro 980 idk

Cheese