Battery temperature is 69000 degrees Celsius

I dropped water in an HP envy x360 laptop. After drying it, it opened and everything was almost ok. Windows is running and all BUT it is very slow (the CPU clock is kept at the minimum) , the fans are running at 99%, I cant get a reading on the battery level AND the battery temperature showed in the BIOS is 69 thousand degrees C! I assumed that all those problem are related to the laptop panicking and thinking it is going to catch on fire. I replaced the battery and nothing changed. 

Water must have shorted a part of the motherboard and is now not able to read information given by the battery.

I thought of asking the BIOS to not take into account the battery temperature or overwriting it with a 30 degrees C value but I can't find any info on that online. 

What are the solutions? Do you have any ideas? 

Edit 1: it has been fully disassemble, dried and the corrosion have been cleaned with alcohol (there was corrosion on the battery connector). I think I have done everything on the hardware part except replace the motherboard. So I am searching more for a software solution.

Welcome to the forums!
A lot of software assume there is a battery sensor so in computers where it is absent they just display the max possible value coded into the program. Seeing that's a good 60x the melting point of the aluminium case of the laptops.....

7 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Welcome to the forums!
A lot of software assume there is a battery sensor so in computers where it is absent they just display the max possible value coded into the program. Seeing that's a good 60x the melting point of the aluminium case of the laptops.....

Thanks for the welcome 🙂

I understand that my battery is not really at a solar temperature. My problem is that my computer seems to treat it like a real value.

Did you fully disassemble and dry it ? There may still be some humidity that shorts stuff into the mobo

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Put it in some rice, seriously. might dry and remove some moisture thats still inside.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600

GPU: RX 570 4gb

RAM: 24gb of cruical and Adata mix

The rest is trash

23 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

As previously said, fully disassemble, dry, use isopropyl to clean off any additional corrosion.

26 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Did you fully disassemble and dry it ? There may still be some humidity that shorts stuff into the mobo

Yes it is fully disassemble, dried and I cleaned the corrosion with alcohol (there was corrosion on the battery connector). I think I have done everything on the hardware part except replace the motherboard. So I am searching more for a software solution.

14 hours ago, Matoutou27 said:

Yes it is fully disassemble, dried and I cleaned the corrosion with alcohol (there was corrosion on the battery connector). I think I have done everything on the hardware part except replace the motherboard. So I am searching more for a software solution.

Ok but the CPU sensors are inside the CPU itself, and the CPU may be soldered as you've a laptop... did you remove the CPU ?

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

5 hours ago, PDifolco said:

Ok but the CPU sensors are inside the CPU itself, and the CPU may be soldered as you've a laptop... did you remove the CPU ?

I am talking about the battery sensor and not the CPU sensors

3 hours ago, Matoutou27 said:

I am talking about the battery sensor and not the CPU sensors

Ok my bad I didn't read properly your post...

Then you should replace the battery, if it has been damaged it can be dangerous

34 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Ok my bad I didn't read properly your post...

Then you should replace the battery, if it has been damaged it can be dangerous

Thanks for your help but should read the post again. 

1 hour ago, Matoutou27 said:

Thanks for your help but should read the post again. 

Did it... The battery temp sensor is on the battery not the mobo, so if it's wonky the battery can be as well

did you try cmd then "powercfg /batteryreport"  to see what it says ?

31 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Did it... The battery temp sensor is on the battery not the mobo, so if it's wonky the battery can be as well

did you try cmd then "powercfg /batteryreport"  to see what it says ?

In the post, I specify that i tried with another battery and the problem was exactly the same. The battery is therefore not the cause. 

Thanks for the info! i did not knew the that command. i tried the the powercfg /batteryreport, i get an error ''No Batteries are currently installed''. 

But  there is a battery! When i unplugged the computer, it was not shutting off.

53 minutes ago, Matoutou27 said:

In the post, I specify that i tried with another battery and the problem was exactly the same. The battery is therefore not the cause. 

Thanks for the info! i did not knew the that command. i tried the the powercfg /batteryreport, i get an error ''No Batteries are currently installed''. 

But  there is a battery! When i unplugged the computer, it was not shutting off.

Then there's some bad connections to the board indeed...