macbook pro m1

Go to solution Solved by L583,

In my experience swap memory is pretty good on macOS so I wouldn't worry. I would rather spend the extra bucks on storage, either internal or fast external solutions.

I'm planning to buy a MacBook pro m1 . but I'm confused with which to go 8gb ram or 16gb ram for programming and attending glasses on teams Microsoft , pls help me to choose. 

30 minutes ago, Fawaz3469 said:

I'm planning to buy a MacBook pro m1 . but I'm confused with which to go 8gb ram or 16gb ram for programming and attending glasses on teams Microsoft , pls help me to choose. 

8GB works totally fine on my M1 MacBook Pro.

In my experience swap memory is pretty good on macOS so I wouldn't worry. I would rather spend the extra bucks on storage, either internal or fast external solutions.

4 hours ago, AndeSandwich said:

8GB works totally fine on my M1 MacBook Pro.

does python and Microsoft teams run simultaneously smooth??

37 minutes ago, Fawaz3469 said:

does python [...] run simultaneously smooth??

Well, Python doesn't consume the same amount of resources for different tasks.

Some programs will consume more resources than the other, so mention what you'll be doing.

Since you're asking *this* question, I'd assume you aren't doing anything resource demanding, so yes, it should do it easily. Microsoft Teams too shouldn't hit the M1 too hard, so yes, it should run smooth if run simultaneously too.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

15 minutes ago, RockSolid1106 said:

Well, Python doesn't consume the same amount of resources for different tasks.

Some commands will consume more resources than the other, so mention what you'll be doing.

Since you're asking *this* question, I'd assume you aren't doing anything resource demanding, so yes, it should do it easily. Microsoft Teams too shouldn't hit the M1 too hard, so yes, it should run smooth if run simultaneously too.

ok thanks.

8 hours ago, Fawaz3469 said:

but I'm confused with which to go 8gb ram or 16gb ram for programming

This will depend on what type of programming you do. If you run like Docker + Kubernetes with multiple containers eve 16GB can be low. If you work with large datasets, databases that need RAM the same.

For average tasks, learning etc there are no such high requirements, just note that you can't add RAM later. Also check software compatibility - not everything can be available on macOS or on ARM version. Python is available.

11 hours ago, riklaunim said:

This will depend on what type of programming you do. If you run like Docker + Kubernetes with multiple containers eve 16GB can be low. If you work with large datasets, databases that need RAM the same.

For average tasks, learning etc there are no such high requirements, just note that you can't add RAM later. Also check software compatibility - not everything can be available on macOS or on ARM version. Python is available.

im just starting , this , like im in school now , in 12th grade, but i want to use it atleast for 5 years . so does 8gb ram enough for both teams and python

7 hours ago, Fawaz3469 said:

im just starting , this , like im in school now , in 12th grade, but i want to use it atleast for 5 years . so does 8gb ram enough for both teams and python

If you habe the money and don‘t have to save it on storage then, you can go with 16 GB, but you‘ll probably not need it in the first years. And if you really neesd more after 4-5 years, you probably can also use more CPU Performance and want to go for a new one anyways. Or it‘ll be enough for 5+ years.

7 hours ago, Fawaz3469 said:

I'd recommend you go for 16GB. You see, you'll NEVER have *just* teams and "python" running. You'll have Chrome, an IDE, something to take notes, and some more stuff open. Going for 16 will give you more headroom for other tasks, and you won't have to close down on other applications just to run some other applications. And considering you're going to use this for over 5 years, it will be a GREAT investment, to help that thing last longer. Programs keep getting more and more demanding of resources.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide