Cpu cooler

Ann0tare

Budget (including currency): £200

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details:

part list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Ann0tare/saved/73DqHx

I want to add a cou cooler to this build to replace the intel stock cooler I was considering the kraken x86 280 mm (the other case fans are 140mm each) however I'm not sure I'll have enough clearance to mount it on the top. I also was thinking of not getting fans with it and using my existing case fans as I have 2 for I take at the front 2 for exhaust at the top and 1 exhaust at the back. Could you recommend a CPU cooling solution? 

If it will work with your application, I would recommend the Noctua NH-D15 or Scythe Mugen 5, which is what I used in my new 5900X build. Backed up the existing rig's files to HDD last night, installed the backup HDD in new rig and fired it up for the switchover tonight. This is my current readout of temperatures (Corsair iCUE Commander XT with six LL120 fans (3 front, 2 top, 1 rear -- see my build specs in my profile). I'm running an extreme cooling controller configuration for now to see what difference it makes, but it hadn't topped 40 C with base settings. Quite impressive for a single-fan air cooler, I think. The Corsair 4000X case seems to be able to handle quite a bit of airflow with these fans.

image.thumb.png.f9e64b41fb6e296e4c97b09844bfbf94.png

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Thank you, I'll look a bit more into it.

The i5 12400/F draws less than 80W at full load (4Ghz all cores), you don't need and AIO or high end CPU Cooler to handle that.

An ID-Cooling SE-224-XT (£27) can easily handle that load with good temps, If you want a better CPU Cooler you can go for the Deepcool AS500 or ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO (both £40), you also have the ID-Cooling SE-225-XT (£45) all of these 3 coolers are overkill for the i5 12400/F.

40 minutes ago, NighhhT said:

The i5 12400/F draws less than 80W at full load (4Ghz all cores), you don't need and AIO or high end CPU Cooler to handle that.

An ID-Cooling SE-224-XT (£27) can easily handle that load with good temps, If you want a better CPU Cooler you can go for the Deepcool AS500 or ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO (both £40), you also have the ID-Cooling SE-225-XT (£45) all of these 3 coolers are overkill for the i5 12400/F.

Another option I had was a Cool Master hyper 212 EVO V2 which is a similar price range to the SE-224-XT but I'm assuming for an i5 12400F it really doesn't matter just personal preference?

1 hour ago, Ann0tare said:

Another option I had was a Cool Master hyper 212 EVO V2 which is a similar price range to the SE-224-XT but I'm assuming for an i5 12400F it really doesn't matter just personal preference?

Yeah, I would go for the one that's cheaper. If you want to go for the 212 Evo v2, go ahead nothing wrong with it.

54 minutes ago, NighhhT said:

Yeah, I would go for the one that's cheaper. If you want to go for the 212 Evo v2, go ahead nothing wrong with it.

The cheaper one looks nicer imo so will probably go for that