Does Brian the electrician have a youtube channel?

middle_pickup

I'm rewatching the tech hoarder video with Brian. Just wondered if he does any videos himself. I love old computers.

Technically, yes I do however I have yet to make and post a video. I've thought about getting into it, and I plan to but we're also trying to get some reno's done in preparation to sell and build a new house next year. We have a good opportunity to get a large piece of land up in a town called Salmon Arm so we're preparing for that change. Later this year I may have time to do a few videos, and I plan on designing in a space to film in the new house.

TLDR: Not yet but it's planned lol

40 minutes ago, BrianTheElectrician said:

Technically, yes I do however I have yet to make and post a video. I've thought about getting into it, and I plan to but we're also trying to get some reno's done in preparation to sell and build a new house next year. We have a good opportunity to get a large piece of land up in a town called Salmon Arm so we're preparing for that change. Later this year I may have time to do a few videos, and I plan on designing in a space to film in the new house.

Hey, Brian! I have been watching a lot of retro computer stuff like https://www.philscomputerlab.com lately. Then I ran across that video with Linus, and you again. Just wondered if you had any stuff on YouTube. Good luck with the new home!

4 hours ago, BrianTheElectrician said:

You might want to film this process. This is an EXCELLENT chance to showcase what is being done, issues you run into, etc.

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

3 hours ago, zjdrummond said:

Hey, Brian! I have been watching a lot of retro computer stuff like https://www.philscomputerlab.com lately. Then I ran across that video with Linus, and you again. Just wondered if you had any stuff on YouTube. Good luck with the new home!

Ah yeah I like Phil's channel. I also watch a lot of LGR, Tech Tangents, Adrian's Digital Basement, and 8 Bit Guy. I've had a bit of involvement with Tech Tangents too and keep in touch with Shelby. Thank you too, we're looking forward to the build just going to be a lot of work and the move means a job change of course, and it'll be harder to work with LMG. Doesn't mean it won't happen anymore, it'll just take more planning.

18 minutes ago, cmndr said:

You might want to film this process. This is an EXCELLENT chance to showcase what is being done, issues you run into, etc.

I've definitely thought about doing just that, and it would give a lot of content too. Just depends on time. I've never done video editing before either so have to learn how to, and what's cost effective.

4 minutes ago, BrianTheElectrician said:

I've definitely thought about doing just that, and it would give a lot of content too. Just depends on time. I've never done video editing before either so have to learn how to, and what's cost effective.

You might not want to edit or do any video production DURING the build. You WOULD want to get footage though.
This might require a bit of planning though. Maybe a day of "these are the 20 smaller projects that will be done" as a list, and some thinking through of what you could or should take footage of.

This is really a case where a bit of planning is worth its weight in gold.

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

7 hours ago, cmndr said:

You might not want to edit or do any video production DURING the build. You WOULD want to get footage though.
This might require a bit of planning though. Maybe a day of "these are the 20 smaller projects that will be done" as a list, and some thinking through of what you could or should take footage of.

This is really a case where a bit of planning is worth its weight in gold.

That's a good point, I can always get footage during the build to edit and release after it's done.