Asus HD7770 2GB

ramzorz

8iNHd.jpg

Price*: $159.99 USD

Clock: 1020MHz

Memory: 2GB GDDR5

Ports: 2x DVI, 1x HDMI, 1x Display Port

A sigh of relief. Finally got rid of that 5670. This is a definitely awesome upgrade. I suppose the real reason why I really enjoy this card is because of my ability to finally support more than two monitors, and I may be blinded by that, but the fact is that when it comes to gaming, I feel very comfortable... even recording in Fraps is super smooth. Something I truly hated about my 5670 is that I every time I would record a game like Minecraft in full resolution (1680x1050), I would get something like 12 or 15 frames. It was extremely annoying and unbearable. Now I can record Crysis 2 with some 35 frames on the highest settings! Often at times, Skyrim would even drop to the 20's on the 5670 and now I'm recording at 40 with mods. Another thing is that this card runs super cool at even full loads. The dual fans certainly make a difference and I seriously cannot even hear the card's fans running due to the fact that the stress it cut down because there's two fans instead of one hard working fan (I assume that the sound is clouded by my loud PSU and case fan, but compared to my 5670, I can't hear it at all). My sole gripe with this card is that it's has a 128-bit bus (But I'm quite positive that it doesn't matter with this entry level card anyhow.) I am a productivity user as well, which is why I went with the 2GB version instead of the 1GB, but honestly, my 5670 was 1GB, so I wasn't going to settle for the same amount of memory regardless. if you're curious to know, Photoshop and Illustrator runs flawlessly.

Overall, a great card for the novice and entry gamer who wants to play games comfortably at an amazing price and an amazing deal for the productive user.

Pros: Dual fans (quiet and cool temps); 2GB for productivity; price; makes you happy if you compare it to a 5670.

Cons: The fact that you will NEVER get an amazing card for $160. Spend more on a 7870 or better if you want supreme performance.

Verdict Rating: 4/5 strawberries.

* The price is at the time of the review from Newegg.com (Jan 9, 2013)

Sorry about the post's spacing. I edited the post and for some reason, when I copied the text from Window's Notepad (I was copying the post in case my browser crashed or something while making the review), it spaced one break into something that seems like seven.

I realize the sites still under maintenance.

Recently did a budget gaming build for my cousin, and the HD7770 was my choice of GPU. is a really solid card and defiantly bang for the buck. for australian users you can pick one up for like 140 bucks! great review keep up the work.

at that price point you should have spent $20 more for a 7850

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007MLSGHE/?tag=pcpapi-20

it nearly doubles the 7770's performance in most things.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/549?vs=536

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I later then realized, about a week into my purchase, that I should have gone with a 7850. Although, I'm fairly content with this card and I'm going to begin a fund for a very high end PC later in the future when this card doesn't suffice.